Winter Storm Harper

Ceptorman

10 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Anyone notice the intellicast site has been ruined by weather underground?? Totally dumbed-down

1.  noticed
  2. it's still cold this winter
  3. ahhhh… probably something else I was going to say... oh yeah... local weather news map 6,000,000 times more relevant...
  4. wait for spring time tornado map's... will show nothing interesting... like a day late, a dollar short.....
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, dtel said:

Yep, it just passed through here, the wind picked up and skies clearing as temps cool off, it's headed your way. I don't think it is going to get to cool. Tonight 34 tomorrow night they sat 28 then we are above freezing the rest of the week warming each night.

at 11 last night the winds became wet with a decent amount of rain, some thunder lightning until feel asleep. Outside still some wind and a chill. Rainswept and will see if we are in for hard freeze. If not will consider it done for the moment. Your temps suggest may be in the clear...here. Will shall see...

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Being out in this wintry weather does make me feel alive 😀

I just looked at Indy's forecast for this week, I don't want to be that alive. :o:lol:

15 for a high today and 1 tonight, only one day this week for you above freezing by a couple of degrees and that has a wintry mix, then rain that night before you freeze again. 

That's just too much for me for a year much less a week.

9 minutes ago, dtel said:

I just looked at Indy's forecast for this week, I don't want to be that alive. :o:lol:

15 for a high today and 1 tonight, only one day this week for you above freezing by a couple of degrees and that has a wintry mix, then rain that night before you freeze again. 

That's just too much for me for a year much less a week.

That's about what my wife tells me, she thinks I'm weird by liking the winter sometimes. It just makes everything so quiet, serene.

Her family is in San Antonio, and always says we will retire there. I really like that city, but I don't see myself living somewhere where there isn't any winter change in the weather. I tell her we will have a house in Texas, and one in northern Michigan or Wisconsin 😀

28 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

"Good Old Fashioned Global Warming"......

That's just special...... 

Yep. Short Bus Special. 

30 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:
 Misguided Quote and Rebuttal

'Amazing how big this system is. Wouldn't be bad to have a little of that good old fashioned Global Warming right now!' ***** remarked.

This isn't the first time ***** has attempted to amalgamate short-term weather patterns and the effects of long-term climate change.

But despite his theory, the White House's own National Climate Assessment rejects the claim that a singular plunge in temperature can cast doubt over idea that Earth is warming.  

'[Climate change] is transforming where and how we live and presents growing challenges to human health and quality of life, the economy, and the natural systems that support us,' a report issued by the NCA said in November.

We had 50s and steady heavy rain for the low overnight been warmish all week. today 45 at noon now at 5:45p it's 31 and getting chilly! Wind blew out all clouds so I'll be looking for the super bloody eclipse tonight!

• Like 1

In the late 60s and early 70s I read Nat Geo and encyclopedias ravenously.

Huh.... LOTR books in jr high then nada, must've been that triad of s,d, r&r that changed all that.  

All that stated an Ice Age was coming back in the next five or so centuries and that prior to that there would be a lot of fluctuation, sometimes mild sometimes not. So scientists caught fudging numbers and getting political makes me less likely to believe them than what I read when the brightest weren't like that.

Don't the Hurricanes play a big part in the change into the cool months?