Infinity RSII/AB speakers, I think rare

wvu80

I think these Infinity RSIIA/B (3-way w/ twin 10" woofs)are rare and since this is a CL listing a half-hour from me I thought I'd put it out there for your entertainment. 

No affil.

Here is a rare opportunity to own a pair of one owner, completely original Infinity RSIIA/B speakers with EMIMs and EMITS. These are not the straight RSII model but the rare original version of the RSIIA/B. The cabinets, fuse protection circuitry, crossover network, equalizer, power specs, EMITS, and woofers are identical. The only difference between the A and B models was the A model used Samarium Cobalt magnets for the EMIMS and switched to less expensive Neodymium magnets on the B model. Cosmetically they are in outstanding condition. The woofers have been rebuilt with Infinity specific surrounds. The original LF equalizer box, speaker connectors, and a copy of the original manual are also included. These speakers are legendary and my favorite Infinity model.
Dimensions: 140,5 x 56,5 x 38 cm
Weight (system): 70 kg
Bass: 2 x 25 cm
Mids: 3 x EMIM
Highs: 3 x EMIT (one on the back)
Suggested for amplifiers with: 100-250 Watts per channel
Frequency range: 25 Hz - 32 kHz
Crossover frequencies: 175 Hz (B: 150 Hz), 800 Hz, 3000 Hz, 8000 Hz
LF equalizer for bass drivers

https://parkersburg.craigslist.org/ele/d/saint-marys-infinity-rsiia-rs2a/6786590782.html

(I couldn't insert an image for some reason.  Follow the link ^^^ for pics)

I’ve owned a pair for 20 years
They are amp killers. Lol
Drive them loud and they will pop the amp
I used krell class A McIntosh tube and none tube and carver. The carver mt1.5 sounded the best and would drive them pretty well and loud as hell. More times then I could count or remember having the cops so up from the music being to loud. Lol
Had the foam surrounds re-done one time on the woofers and never had any other problems with them.

Great sounding speakers but not sure I'd pay $2300 for them.  The hardest part would be sourcing EMIT and EMIM drivers when/if they fail.  But they are great sounding speakers without a doubt.  I bought a pair about 12 years ago in DFW area for a song....rebuilt them and then a friend wanted them and offered enough that I sold them.  I still own a pair of RS-IIIb's which are a step down but easier to drive amp wise and sound quite good.