Last of Google's CHROMECAST AUDIO - now $15

HiFi Heaven

On 1/17/2019 at 10:37 AM, jimjimbo said:

I just ordered two from BH also.  Says they are in stock....

Anyone know if these work/integrate with the Google Home Hub?

Have yours made it in yet?  Mine show they'll be delivered today.  Kind of curious to tinker with one tonight if time allows.

5 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Have yours made it in yet?  Mine show they'll be delivered today.  Kind of curious to tinker with one tonight if time allows.

No, haven't seen them yet.  Apparently it takes a lot longer to deliver to Indiana than it does to you......

I stocked up on these, and gave them as gifts for Christmas. These are an unbelievable value that make any preamp with rca input 21st century. They also are kinda like analog connections in general, they just work.

18 hours ago, Fish said:

I stocked up on these, and gave them as gifts for Christmas. These are an unbelievable value that make any preamp with rca input 21st century. They also are kinda like analog connections in general, they just work.

I bought a couple of Chromecast units for Christmas gifts, but the blowout price was not yet in effect here in mid-December, so I paid around $40 for each one.  That was annoying to discover later.

Oddly enough, although I have 2 Chromecast units (1 on each TV), I haven't used them for months.  For a few years, I'd been using them to watch YouTube videos on the "non-smart" TVs instead of on my phone, but then I got an iPad and a MacBook Pro, which made them a bit redundant.  As well, my cable TV service now includes a YouTube channel, which is easier to exit from.  Sometimes the TV would refuse to exit YouTube, which made me leery to use it.

12 hours ago, Islander said:

I bought a couple of Chromecast units for Christmas gifts, but the blowout price was not yet in effect here in mid-December, so I paid around $40 for each one.  That was annoying to discover later.

Oddly enough, although I have 2 Chromecast units (1 on each TV), I haven't used them for months.  For a few years, I'd been using them to watch YouTube videos on the "non-smart" TVs instead of on my phone, but then I got an iPad and a MacBook Pro, which made them a bit redundant.  As well, my cable TV service now includes a YouTube channel, which is easier to exit from.  Sometimes the TV would refuse to exit YouTube, which made me leery to use it.

I got a few hdmi chromecast around . Back in day before everything had wifi/dlna or apps it was pretty handy. Like you said they work good  for dumb tvs. That's kinda the cool thing about the audio cast, being able to hook it to dumb radios, preamps or even an old am/fm eight track turntable with aux in. Of course being able to receive FLAC files to an analog preamps in and around my house is my main use.