Heresy I drivers ID

That woofer was made by Electro-Voice.  It’s an excellent woofer.  I’ll trade you for original Heresy woofers not made by E-V.   On second thought, I couldn’t sleep if I took advantage of you like that.

If you have a pair of speakers, do the both have that woofer?

I don’t think either has an “Alnico” magnet.  More important, I wouldn’t care.

The attached photo shows the inside of one of my HIP.   The round magnet K-77 tweeter is Alnico.  I would gladly trade the pair for a pair of square magnet K-77s that are not Alnico, but even better would be a pair of Crites CT-110 or CT-120.  Don’t be mesmerized by the word “Alnico.”

Notice the similarity of the cast frame woofer to your cast frame woofer.  To the best of my knowledge, both were made by EV.  IMO, they are more desirable than the stamped steel offerings.  Am I correct Claude @ClaudeJ1?

J.jpg.1021931237cd35942a231e2dc917f7e4.jpg

8 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I don’t think either has an “Alnico” magnet.  More important, I wouldn’t care.

The attached photo shows the inside of one of my HIP.   The round magnet K-77 tweeter is Alnico.  I would gladly trade the pair for a pair of square magnet K-77s that are not Alnico, but even better would be a pair of Crites CT-110 or CT-120.  Don’t be mesmerized by the word “Alnico.”

Notice the similarity of the cast frame woofer to your cast frame woofer.  To the best of my knowledge, both were made by EV.  IMO, they are more desirable than the stamped steel offerings.  Am I correct Claude @ClaudeJ1?

The alnicos are easier to mount. I have a bunch of both, you can trade me anytime. The woofer in your photo is an EVM-12L, the best of the the best, IMHO. It's what I had in my original Super Heresys.