SOLD Classic pair of La Scala’s for sale - N. Indiana SOLD

jimjimbo

SOLD

Classic pair of La Scala’s for sale - $1150

Serial numbers are 24U852/853, manufactured in 1980

LS BR Mahogany, factory applied finish

Crossovers:  ClarityCap CSA capacitors, AA mod, 13uf to 6.8uf, tap 4 to tap 3 on T2A autoformer, taming the midrange, and sounds great.

Grills are factory installed black Heritage grill cloth with Jubilee Pie badge.  Grills are in great shape.

Drivers are K77 round Alnico tweeters, K55V spring terminal midrange, K33E square magnet woofers.  New mid driver to horn o’rings.   All drivers have been fully tested and are fully functional.

Mid horns damped with Dynamat  I wrapped both horns with blue painters tape prior to applying the Dynamat, so that it is very easy to remove should you want to do that, although I will say this application made quite a significant positive difference.

This pair of La Scala’s sound fantastic.   They are very solid, no sidewall resonance, and (to me) terrific bass, so personally I don’t feel a sub is needed, but that’s just me….

There are a few minor chips, and some scratches, but these speakers have a lot of great character.

Located in zip 46544.  Buyer must arrange all transportation or shipping.  Obviously prefer local pickup.

I will hold these for a buyer, but a deposit of $500 will be required.  PayPal, bank draft and USPS Money Orders accepted.

PLEASE PM with interest.

IMG_2426 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2427 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2428 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2429 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2430 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2431 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2432 (Medium).JPG

rear label (Medium).jpg

GLWS, I love my La Scala 

(easier to read text from above):

Classic pair of La Scala’s for sale - $1150

Serial numbers are 24U852/853, manufactured in 1980

LS BR Mahogany, factory applied finish

Crossovers:  ClarityCap CSA capacitors, AA mod, 13uf to 6.8uf, tap 4 to tap 3 on T2A autoformer, taming the midrange, and sounds great.

Grills are factory installed black Heritage grill cloth with Jubilee Pie badge.  Grills are in great shape.

Drivers are K77 round Alnico tweeters, K55V spring terminal midrange, K33E square magnet woofers.  New mid driver to horn o’rings.   All drivers have been fully tested and are fully functional.

Mid horns damped with Dynamat  I wrapped both horns with blue painters tape prior to applying the Dynamat, so that it is very easy to remove should you want to do that, although I will say this application made quite a significant positive difference.

This pair of La Scala’s sound fantastic.   They are very solid, no sidewall resonance, and (to me) terrific bass, so personally I don’t feel a sub is needed, but that’s just me….

There are a few minor chips, and some scratches, but these speakers have a lot of great character.

Located in zip 46544.  Buyer must arrange all transportation or shipping.  Obviously prefer local pickup.

I will hold these for a buyer, but a deposit of $500 will be required.  PayPal, bank draft and USPS Money Orders accepted.

PLEASE PM @jimjimbo with interest.

3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Anyone else having a hard time reading the OP?

Yes, but I run the forum DARK theme so it's not unusual.  I've seen that before, usually when something is cut/pasted from an ad.

It is easily read by using the mouse to Select Text, then the contrast turns to blue letters on white.

+++

The speakers are a good deal with some nicely thought-out mods.   I think they'll sell fairly quickly.  That looks like a factory custom order on the finish.

1 hour ago, ForKyleigh said:

Not an option.  Super nationals at the Convention Center.  That won't stop for snow.

The Super Nationals may not stop for snow, but you will if they shut down the interstates.  If you make a deal I'm sure you can work out the details with Jim for pick-up at a safer time. 

Either way, be safe.  :emotion-21: