Klipsch Heritage Speaker/Brooklyn Apartment

mdm7eb

They look great in your room and go nicely with your flooring. Depending on the room some can find the treble presentation fatiguing at first ( I see a lot of hardwood). Just reducing the treble by one usually takes care of this if required or desired. Every room sounds different.

Congrats!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 11:27 AM, mdm7eb said:

Thanks for the offer Joe. Cornwalls probably would have fit and would have been fun. But I am very happy with the Forte's. I am by Brooklyn Museum on the edge of Crown Heights/Prospect Heights. If you are ever interested in stopping by and listening to the new Forte's let me know. Someday I would love to hear the Klipschhorns and Cornwalls.  

Thats great, Fortes are awesome and should fit the bill. Small world, I have family living near Washington Ave and Carroll Street across from the Botanical Gardens. Can definitely make Klipschorn listening session happen. 

Joe T

• Like 1

Malcom,

Glad you have it sorted out. Just a word of warning... if you hang around here for very long, we will help you spend your money.

I was going to add earlier, the higher ceilings really help.

Bruce

On 1/30/2019 at 9:06 AM, mdm7eb said:

Who knew Klipsch speakers would sound good positioned that way? That has resolved the bass issue and has brought other benefits. Namely, it has broadened the sound stage to take up the entire space between the speakers (much larger/wider), and has tamed the intensity of the horns compared to before. This has resulted in a more life like presentation on a larger variety of recordings -- instead of the best of the best.

I believe that PWK did, and he wrote about it many times. Specifically, he wrote an article on the subject of corner loudspeaker placement.  Here is an excerpt from that article: https://community.klipsch.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=47376

Here is an article also written by PWK on proper toe-in: https://community.klipsch.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=68922

And lastly, a thread on maximizing stereo imaging using corner loudspeaker placement on the diyAudio site, condensed a bit from the original thread on the subject:  http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/diyaudio-com-wiki/248444-corner-horn-imaging-faq.html

Chris

Listen to something fun on your new system:  Heart, and the album is "Little Queen".  Sylvan Song and Dream of the Archer back to back, in the manner of Queen / We Will Rock You - We are the Champions.  If you try this out, let me know what you think about this on the Forte's!  (Also try the rest of the album)

@mdm7eb

On 1/31/2019 at 10:26 AM, YK Thom said:

They look great in your room and go nicely with your flooring. Depending on the room some can find the treble presentation fatiguing at first ( I see a lot of hardwood). Just reducing the treble by one usually takes care of this if required or desired. Every room sounds different.

Congrats!

Another Mac tube setup finds Heritage,, and the sun came up today😀 As you're finding out, it really is a nice combo, and noticing the flooring brought this to mind: I find that some sort of acoustic "treatment", which could be carpet/area rug, canvas or cloth type artwork on the walls, and similar can do wonders to tone down the "harsh". All of those hard surfaces can get the upper mids really bouncing around in a place like that so a little strategically placed room art/decorations can help.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I would report back in. I am still loving the new speakers. I played with the tone controls and loudness toggle on the MX-110 and I am now rattling the windows (and I presume pissing off the neighbors). Indeed, McIntosh and Klipsch make a very lovely pairing.

• Like 4