Analysis Interconnects

mopardave

Been using these Analysis interconnects for close to 16 or so yrs now.   Whats your opinion on interconnects?  What brand has good quality with a fair price.  I think I paid just under $100 for these .5 meter Analysis.   I pulled the end off one awhile back, still works,just pushed it back on.   maybe time for something new.

22 minutes ago, Schu said:

Hundred bucks for a foot and a half?

Yeah and that was yrs ago when I bought them.  There are some on the bay for about the same price.  Those are cheap compared to what i'v seen out there.  It gets real crazy if there silver it seems.   What do your guys use, because I do not want to spend that kind of money on interconnects any more?

2 minutes ago, mopardave said:

What do your guys use, because I do not want to spend that kind of money on interconnects any more?

Currently mogami Gold balanced Interconnects to main amp and sub amp.   Quiet, slightly dark, plenty detailed, and smooth with killer bass.   My affordable go to.   I can give you a place to get them for a nice price if interested.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Currently mogami Gold balanced Interconnects to main amp and sub amp.   Quiet, slightly dark, plenty detailed, and smooth with killer bass.   My affordable go to.   I can give you a place to get them for a nice price if interested.... 

sure, where?

1 minute ago, mopardave said:

need one .5 meter and one 1 meter.

Give the mogamis a try.   I'm sure others will chime in.  Mogamis can be had for up to 50% off retail.   If you don't like them, you can easily sell them for whay you paid on Craigslist in days.   They are a favorite in recording studios for a reason and I have seen plenty of folk use em in hifI systems as well.    I like Kimber stuff, but the price tag keeps me away.   Used, too many fakes floating around.... 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Give the mogamis a try.   I'm sure others will chime in.  Mogamis can be had for up to 50% off retail.   If you don't like them, you can easily sell them for whay you paid on Craigslist in days.   They are a favorite in recording studios for a reason and I have seen plenty of folk use em in hifI systems as well.    I like Kimber stuff, but the price tag keeps me away.   Used, too many fakes floating around.... 

Thanks, I will check them out for sure .    Thanks

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

which ones exactly are you using. I don't see anything shorter than 6'.

I use SVS brand RCA cables between my pre-amp and Emotiva XPA-5.  They have a good reputation and are directional.  I can't tell you how they "sound" and what is better or worse as I haven't used anything else.  My one meter long cables are not the cheapest but they are well made and by far, not the most expensive either.

https://www.amazon.com/d/RCA-Cables/SVS-SoundPath-2M-RCA-Interconnect/B0197UUMD8/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1547814609&sr=1-3&keywords=svs+cables

I suggest you do some research on the cable build starting with the link to SVS I posted.  My SVS cables use twisted pair wires inside and are well shielded.  Most cables do NOT use this type of construction and instead use coax cables which have a center wire and a foil sheath.  I've researched them and I have to confess I am still not sure technically, which one is the "correct" one for use with amps.  The cables are different but I am not sure that one type is "better" than the other.

6dcfd0ea-65bc-42d4-9913-a2766b6fa60e.jpg

Of all of the brands mentioned above, Mogami is the one I would be most interested to try.  Bluejeans cables likewise have a good reputation.  In terms of good price Monoprice has good cables for very reasonable prices.

@mopar dave I agree with your decision to replace the cables after an end came off one.  If you got 16 years of use, you got your money's worth.

SVS Interconnects 1.jpg

SVS Interconnects 2.jpg