Analysis Interconnects

mopardave

1 hour ago, SWL said:

I just bought some Mogami Gold RCA interconnects and they really suck. Seriously. I wonder if they're defective or need time to burn in. I played music through them for 12 hours. Maybe they need more.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

=== if in your mind they suck, then they suck. It’s wire carrying a signal and the only thing breaking in is you to the new cable.

If after twelve hours You haven’t acclimated to the sound then in your rig they suck. I’d bet if you continue to use/listen with them you would acclimate and they would eventually sound fine. Although they will still suck — 

7 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== if in your mind they suck, then they suck. It’s wire carrying a signal and the only thing breaking in is you to the new cable.

If after twelve hours You haven’t acclimated to the sound then in your rig they suck. I’d bet if you continue to use/listen with them you would acclimate and they would eventually sound fine. Although they will still suck — 

Well put.  Like new rolling tubes.   I can't find any good vids on the Mogami cables where their used in 2ch stereo.  Seems to be real good or popular with musicians.   Not so with stereo/audio.

=== just to help SWL decide on cables I did a quick inventory on AudioGon and there are two or three dozen “wire cables” for anywhere between $2K - $6K / meter available. I would suggest far more than 12 hour break in, more like several months of convincing yourself that 

yes, my rig sounds waaay better with these $6000 IC’s. I mean it would Have to - right — ?

When I got the Mogami's, I didn't listen to them in my main system. They played in a separate system for 12+ hours before I put them in my main system. This isn't my first rodeo.

Cables shouldn't sound different.....but I've got news for you.....they do. If you're up there in age then I suppose I wouldn't expect you to be able to discern a difference.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Shiva said:

On another note, I noticed in the last video, that he unscrewed the terminals and inserted the banana plug in the hole and tightened them down.  Does anyone else do that?  

2 minutes ago, mopardave said:

I noticed that too.  I don't.

whatever floats your boat.

16 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Give the mogamis a try.   I'm sure others will chime in.  Mogamis can be had for up to 50% off retail.   If you don't like them, you can easily sell them for whay you paid on Craigslist in days.   They are a favorite in recording studios for a reason and I have seen plenty of folk use em in hifI systems as well.    I like Kimber stuff, but the price tag keeps me away.   Used, too many fakes floating around.... 

Called your guy at sweetwater.  Gonna call me back with accurate pricing and availability.   Looks like about $65 for 2 pair of the Mogami Gold.

9 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I'm really leaning toward the SVS Soundpaths.  A ton of great reviews with steero equipment with no negatives.   Gonna wait for the call back from your guy for now.   Thanks for all the help with this guys.