Analysis Interconnects

mopardave

the BLUE JEAN Cables are fantastic - my Turntable is about 8 feet from my Mcintosh integrated amp and i used some high end rca cables from the turntable to amp and it sounded really muddy and just not great. I switched to 10 ft long Blue Jean RCA cables and the difference in sound was night and day - made the built in phono preamp of my Mcintosh sound as good as my very high end Pro-ject phono preamp use to sound before it bit the dust and it was within a foot of the turntable. The BJC cables and Mcintosh sounded so good I did not need to use a phono preamp close to my turntable  - cables make a huge difference!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fido said:

the BLUE JEAN Cables are fantastic - my Turntable is about 8 feet from my Mcintosh integrated amp and i used some high end rca cables from the turntable to amp and it sounded really muddy and just not great. I switched to 10 ft long Blue Jean RCA cables and the difference in sound was night and day - made the built in phono preamp of my Mcintosh sound as good as my very high end Pro-ject phono preamp use to sound before it bit the dust and it was within a foot of the turntable. The BJC cables and Mcintosh sounded so good I did not need to use a phono preamp close to my turntable  - cables make a huge difference!

I would think that changing cables has the same possibility as changing tubes in your amp.  If it changes the sensitivity at all you know what happens.

22 hours ago, mopardave said:

need one .5 meter and one 1 meter.

You might ask The Cable Company for advice and get a second opinion.  They're often pretty good at these judgments.

Because so many setups use 1.0 m. as a standard length, 0.5 m. can trip you up by being a bit too short, especially if you subsequently change components or your space arrangements.  I don't see or hear any benefits to making wire connections a little shorter, but it sure can be the pits if you don't have quite enough length to reach where you want to go.  It's happened to me more than once, so I don't fiddle with 0.5 lengths any longer.

2 minutes ago, mopardave said:

I'm hoping to change the cables without changing the sound.  It sounds just about the way I like with the Analysis cable.   Just about, because I am never totally happy.

Yes, any cable change will change the sound to the critical ear, so I agree.  What sounds good with one combo of pieces may reveal unsuspected issues if you switch cables according to someone else's opinions

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LarryC said:

You might ask The Cable Company for advice and get a second opinion.  They're often pretty good at these judgments.

Because so many setups use 1.0 m. as a standard length, 0.5 m. can trip you up by being a bit too short, especially if you subsequently change components or your space arrangements.  I don't see or hear any benefits to making wire connections a little shorter, but it sure can be the pits if you don't have quite enough length to reach where you want to go.  It's happened to me more than once, so I don't fiddle with 0.5 lengths any longer.

Yeah, I agree. I asked Mogami tech and he didn't know. Said he doesn't sell Analysis to compare or know.  I now think I will order 1 set 2' and the other 3' to avoid that too short deal.  I understand.

1 hour ago, mopardave said:

I would think that changing cables has the same possibility as changing tubes in your amp.  If it changes the sensitivity at all you know what happens.

:facepalm:

I ordered and just received new cables...

50230594_2035665776489358_57487049212894

50140880_2035665759822693_41692361442040

49251715_2035665796489356_67350378042642

50130295_2035665829822686_51773901368071

Schmitt Custom Audio RCA to XLR at one meter in length with Mogami 2549 mic cable, silver soldered to WBT 0144 Locking RCA to Neutrik Black Gold 3pin female XLR connectros dressed in platinum sleeves.
Schmitt Custom Audio Silver 3.5mm Stereo to Furutech RCA using 24 gauge silver plated copper solid core wire spanning 4' 6" in length silver soldered to silver plated 3.5 mm Stereo to Furutech gold plated pure copper RCA's. 
Schmitt Custom Audio Belden Furutech RCA Interconnects spanning 4' 6" Using Belden silver plated stranded copper, 24 gauge lead and 100% shield dressed platinum sleeves. 

not one piece was a $100 for a foot and a half...

17 minutes ago, Schu said:

:facepalm:

I ordered and just received new cables...

50230594_2035665776489358_57487049212894

50140880_2035665759822693_41692361442040

49251715_2035665796489356_67350378042642

50130295_2035665829822686_51773901368071

Schmitt Custom Audio RCA to XLR at one meter in length with Mogami 2549 mic cable, silver soldered to WBT 0144 Locking RCA to Neutrik Black Gold 3pin female XLR connectros dressed in platinum sleeves.
Schmitt Custom Audio Silver 3.5mm Stereo to Furutech RCA using 24 gauge silver plated copper solid core wire spanning 4' 6" in length silver soldered to silver plated 3.5 mm Stereo to Furutech gold plated pure copper RCA's. 
Schmitt Custom Audio Belden Furutech RCA Interconnects spanning 4' 6" Using Belden silver plated stranded copper, 24 gauge lead and 100% shield dressed platinum sleeves. 

not one piece was a $100 for a foot and a half...

Nice.  What cables are getting replaced?

I make changes very slowly.

I am going to try the rca/rca in place of Blue Jeans Cable interconnects... emphasize try. I am hoping for a little more HF extension/clarity based on construction/composition. The BJC are really good so I can always go back to them if I don't get what I am looking for.

The 3.5/rca is to try and bypass my tube preamp for my new tube based headphone amplifier... which is not giving what I want currently. I will run the amplifier directly off my astell&kern DAP,  I also got the balanced/rca to try and run the headphone amp directly off my external DAC... that gives me three alternatives.

• Like 1

Mission accomplished... I found my new Interconnects. Vast improvements in the area's where the bjc had been recessed and lacking. I am very happy right now.

24 gauge stranded belden silver plated copper. Blue Jeans mentions capacitance as an issue with HF roll off and this is what I had been experiencing. I had almost nothing above 10k hZ and now the entire spectrum is present.

• Like 1

From my dac to my headphone amp. The amp is unbalanced and the preamp for my main system is also unbalanced. I want to bypass this preamp and go straight to the headphone amp while not interrupting the normal operation of my main system... my dac will function as a pre when using headpones since it has both connector outputs.

9 hours ago, Schu said:

Mission accomplished... I found my new Interconnects. Vast improvements in the area's where the bjc had been recessed and lacking. I am very happy right now.

24 gauge stranded belden silver plated copper. Blue Jeans mentions capacitance as an issue with HF roll off and this is what I had been experiencing. I had almost nothing above 10k hZ and now the entire spectrum is present.

Cool. Glad that worked out for you.  Every time I try a different component I cross my finders for the improvements.  It don't always work out for me.    

13 hours ago, Schu said:

You got me curious. I took your recommendation and placed an order for a couple cables.  I had an issue with my gigje being a little too soft with the 396s at lower volumes. Thanks for the recommendation.  Hoping this will help :

"

Neutrik silver plated 3 pin XLR's using some Belden silver plated  shielded XLR cable that I have for more detail and a brighter sound stage. $80 for a 3ft pair.

A 6ft Reference 100 4x12 gauge should work well with the sub. miniature spade to banana $60"

I now think I will order 1 set 2' and the other 3' to avoid that too short deal.  I understand.

My suggestion for cable length would be 1 meter (3+ ft) for the usual interconnect type type leads and 2 meters (6+ ft) for speaker cable for the usual speaker setup, not just 2 or 3 ft.  Meters seem to be the standard measure these days in audio.

You probably meant meters.

Larry

15 minutes ago, LarryC said:

I now think I will order 1 set 2' and the other 3' to avoid that too short deal.  I understand.

My suggestion for cable length would be 1 meter (3+ ft) for the usual interconnect type type leads and 2 meters (6+ ft) for speaker cable for the usual speaker setup, not just 2 or 3 ft.  Meters seem to be the standard measure these days in audio.

You probably meant meters.

Larry

My current cables are 1.5 or maybe 2' cables.  Svs cables are available in 2' and 3'.   That's what I plan on ordering.

1 minute ago, mopardave said:

My current cables are 1.5 or maybe 2' cables.  Svs cables are available in 2' and 3'.   That's what I plan on ordering.

Before you throw your cash down on those, check out that website that Schu recommended.   I emailed the guy this morning and get back to me in a couple hours. Tell him exactly what you are looking to improve in your system and what gear you have and hell recommend for you.   No blind guessing. Much better IMO. Excited to try his recs and fix the small issues in my system for the better I hope. His price isn't much more than the SVS.   Probably better quality and you get exactly what you want.