Analysis Interconnects

mopardave

4 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Before you throw your cash down on those, check out that website that Schu recommended.   I emailed the guy this morning and get back to me in a couple hours. Tell him exactly what you are looking to improve in your system and what gear you have and hell recommend for you.   No blind guessing. Much better IMO. Excited to try his recs and fix the small issues in my system for the better I hope. His price isn't much more than the SVS.   Probably better quality and you get exactly what you want. 

Ok.  I'll see what he has to say.  

On 1/19/2019 at 6:23 PM, mopardave said:

Ok.  I'll see what he has to say.  

Sent that guy a message thou ebay. He replied that he never heard of Analysis cable and counldn't possibly match any cables up without having my system in his possession.  Then he asked what cables I wanted.    I was hoping he could tell me. I want new cables with no change to tone or sonics. I am very happy with the sound.    I just ordered the SVS cables. They were free, can't really loose.     

On 1/18/2019 at 12:24 PM, SWL said:

Thin bass and I had to cut the highs a lot. I hooked my BJC LC-1 back up and everything was cool.

I wonder what the explanation is?  Are the Mogomi's that bad, or are the LC-1's that good?

Is it possible the Mogomi's don't work with your particular amp?  I wouldn't think so, but I'm scratching my head on this one.

I don't get the hype on hybrid, fancy cables, especially power cables.  I use Monoprice 12 ga, 100% copper, from AVR to both pair of mains, the subs, and can't perceive any issues.  I look for good interconnects between the pieces, but don't understand why so many spend so much on wire.  Unless you're going to upgrade the internal wiring of your components and wiring in your house I can't believe there's truly any perceivable benefit, other than placebo.

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I wonder what the explanation is?  Are the Mogomi's that bad, or are the LC-1's that good?

Is it possible the Mogomi's don't work with your particular amp?  I wouldn't think so, but I'm scratching my head on this one.

Couldn't tell you. On just about every amp I use them with, highs are slightly softened and bass is Def increased in quantity.   Slightly dark sounding.  My experience has been the exact opposite.   

• Like 1

I don't know. Anybody wanna talk about equalizers? Tone controls anyone? How bout subwoofers? You know you really should have one......[emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, ACV92 said:

I don't get the hype on hybrid, fancy cables, especially power cables.  I use Monoprice 12 ga, 100% copper, from AVR to both pair of mains, the subs, and can't perceive any issues.  I look for good interconnects between the pieces, but don't understand why so many spend so much on wire.  Unless you're going to upgrade the internal wiring of your components and wiring in your house I can't believe there's truly any perceivable benefit, other than placebo.

All that is required is two things:

Have a system that can resolve details

Be a discerning listener (i.e., not a casual listener who doesn't pay attention)

If you don't hear a difference, spend your $$ on your other hobby or take your wife out to an expensive dinner.

If you do, then welcome the improvement to your system and enjoy.

Yes, it really is that simple.

Shakey

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SWL said:

I don't know. Anybody wanna talk about equalizers? Tone controls anyone? How bout subwoofers? You know you really should have one......emoji39.png

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Subwoofer maybe. Tone controls and equalizers? No. Not at all......

Shakey

7 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Couldn't tell you. On just about every amp I use them with, highs are slightly softened and bass is Def increased in quantity.   Slightly dark sounding.  My experience has been the exact opposite.   

I will try these SVS cables and if not happy, then I will dig in my pocket for something different.  I don't want to improve anything in the tone, very much happy with that.   

8 hours ago, ACV92 said:

Unless you're going to upgrade the internal wiring of your components and wiring in your house I can't believe there's truly any perceivable benefit, other than placebo.

I'm with you, brother.  Done way too much electrical work for a living to do anything but chuckle at some of the stuff I see in audio.