Center channel list?

Maz1869

Hello everyone, I’m new to the forum and I’m wondering if there is a list of center channel speakers that says that this is our “best” speaker to the “lowest” speaker? There are so many Klipsch centers to choose from its a little overwhelming. From what I’ve read, you want to buy the best center that you can afford. 

Thanks, David 

There is no list of Klipsch center speakers that I know of.  In general the R series is entry level, RP is middle, and RF is the top of the line.  The best Klipsch center speaker IMO is the RC-64 III which features four  6.5" woofers.

I am in the camp of "get the best center speaker you can find" with all due respect to Mr. @Frzninvt directly upstream ^^^ who suggests timbre matching the center to the L/R speakers in the same family.

I guess it would depend if there’s a budget. RP450c is very affordable now. Very good Too. They have newer versions of the RP line but more expensive. If budget is not a problem the RC64 iii would be be best but it’s huge and like they said. Try and match to what you have now. Not sure what your future plans are but if your building your system, go with he best you can afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im personally disgusted with klipsch's sad and pathetic efforts to obscure the lines of speakers and rearranging the item #s for no good reason.

first reference was obscured by calling the cheaper line reference, after what 20 yrs of reference meaning reference?

this latest go around i cant even tell if anything was changed...but the item #s again are obscured for no good purpose except to sow confusion and almost deceive customers into buying whatever they want them to buy

im a big fan of the speakers

im beyond disgusted with klipsch marketing and their inability to realize that the scam they are running is hurting their own brand

wtf would Paul Klipsch say about this marketing b.s.?  nothing good

i reco buying the previous lines simply because used klipsch is way cheap compared to the crazy markup of the latest line

again to clarify...i love the speakers and technology and am growing to hate the marketing team to the point i cant even pay attention

wtf is a 5002?  why do i have to learn a brand new numbering system for what are the same speakers?  oops i nswered my own question

i do wish klipsch interacted with us here

you ladies and gents are screwing up a great brand, purely through marketing gaffes...big ones

ask us before you keep going down this road (my 2c)

who likes klipsch more than the forum participants? 

i realize z larent company bought klipsch and likely nobody from old klipsch mzrketing can say what i just said for fear of being fired by a big corporation...but i repeat...everybody who values klipsch sees this game being played and are not impressed.

i digress, as i often do.

i like the rp250c personally and a 450c for really big rooms

7 hours ago, Maz1869 said:

Hello everyone, I’m new to the forum and I’m wondering if there is a list of center channel speakers that says that this is our “best” speaker to the “lowest” speaker? There are so many Klipsch centers to choose from its a little overwhelming. From what I’ve read, you want to buy the best center that you can afford. 

Thanks, David 

What are you running for your main speakers? 

• 2 years later...

I’m new to the Klipsch scene, and I 100% feel and echo the sentiments of RoboKlipsch above.

I was given a pair of IV RF-62ii speakers and I’m now wanting to build a full surround set around them. But I can’t find clear information on speaker line history or comparisons of Klipsch to Klipsch speakers. For instance, can anyone tell me the difference between an RC-62 and RC-62ii?  (I can find 62’s for sale between $150-175 or 62ii’s for $250-300.)

I’d like to build out this system to use for a couple years in my apartment, and then upgrade the whole thing when I get back into a house. And I figure listening to and then eventually selling a well matched system will be a lot better.