SOLD 2019 LaScala AL-5 ME Edition SOLD

• Moderators
Oms.gif
s.gif

SOLD: 2019 KLIPSCH® LA SCALA MUSEUM EDITION – ONE PAIR ONLY

LIMITED TO ONE PAIR ONLY

A very big thank you goes to our largest contributor and sponsor Klipsch Group, Inc.for this donation of speakers.

Now for the speakers:

Klipsch® La Scala AL-5 is the all-new model for 2019 and the Museum Edition is unique.

PRICE and HOW TO PURCHASE 
A single pair of Klipsch La Scala AL-5 Museum Edition loudspeakers is being offered at 
$12,073 SOLD, including shipping inside the continental United States. No international sales will be entertained. 

To own this exquisite set of ultra-premium loudspeakers, please email Travis Williamson, KHMA Trustee and Honorary Life Member No. 002 using this address: SOLD with your commitment to purchase. This offer is first come, first served – determined by email time stamp. Serious inquiries only, please.

PAYMENT

Payment will be due within five (5) days of the date of your purchase, either by credit card/PayPal payment to the KHMA PayPal account or by check (greatly preferred in order to maximize proceeds to the Museum). If you are coming to Hope for the Pilgrimage and the special Museum events you can pick them up then for a special unveiling and signature ceremony.

Link to the Specification Sheet for the All-New La Scala AL-5 can be found here:

https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-specsheets/La-Scala-2018-Spec-Sheet-v01-1.pdf

MUSEUM EDITION UNIQUE FEATURES

ONE OF A KIND MUSEUM EDITION LA SCALAs

The Klipsch Heritage Museum Association is excited to announce that the Museum Edition ("ME") La Scala AL-5 are now available for sale.

EXTREMELY LIMITED to only ONE Unique Pair

• Museum Edition La Scala Model AK-5, S/N 001 and 002
  • Don’t delay! The Museum Edition Klipschorn pair sold in less than ONE HOUR for $18,573 (regular retail price of $15,000), with backup offers.

This La Scala AL-5 pair will have Museum Edition-only features, Including:

• Exclusive Museum Edition exotic "one of a kind" black limba wood veneer
  • Special Museum Edition grille fabric specially matched to veneer
  • Hand selected and specially matched drivers and crossovers by Chief Engineer and KHMA Trustee, Roy Delgado, Jr. (“Chief Bonehead”)
  • Museum Edition metal plaques
  • Hand signed by the Chief Bonehead, acoustic engineer responsible for the all-new model La Scala AL-5 and the all-new model Klipschorn AK-6

As with all speakers in the Klipsch Heritage line, these ME edition speakers will be hand-assembled and hand-finished by the Klipsch factory in Hope, AR, with pride.

All proceeds from the sale of these speakers will go to the Klipsch Heritage Museum Association, Inc. (KHMA) which operates the Klipsch Museum of Audio History in Hope, Arkansas. Your purchase of these speakers directly helps us continue preserving and sharing the scientific work and cultural legacy of audio pioneer Paul. W. Klipsch. KHMA dba Klipsch Museum of Audio History is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation.

The Klipsch Museum of Audio History would like to especially thank Klipsch Group, Inc. for their continued support.

To see the 2019 Klipschorn Museum Edition brochure (to get an idea of how the black limba wood will appear) please visit us here:

https://www.klipschmuseum.org/blog/2019/1/5/one-time-opportunity-museum-edition-klipschorn-ak6-me-sale

MUSEUM EDITION KLIPSCHORN BROCHURE COVER (below)

Klipschorn ME in black limba (La Scala ME AL-5 will be in the same wood, for illustration purposes only)

KHorn%20ME.jpg

s.gif

• Like 2

=== while I understand the costs of hand built manufacturing I’m still dismayed with the folded/90degree/glued method of assembly. I saw the same technique used when watching KHorns being built. And I know the glued joint is stronger that what was used in the past 

I.e. Baltic ply butt assembly. I guess i have a hard time equating this type of assembly for $10-15K speaker cabinets with that of the cheapest bookshelves built the same way — . Putting this aside I’m sure they are stunning to look at with sound to match - and regardless I’d love me a pair — 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I like the manufacturing techniques being used. They look like efficient ways to make strong square boxes. The inlayed boards (fitted into the dados) are very strong. The lining up of the veneer is obviously spot on. All good with me if it helps keep them being built in the good ol US of A. I am in manufacturing and get the importance of keeping cost in line and still producing a high quality product. I would imagine the number of FDs (factory defects) is way down as well.

A couple lifetimes ago, I used to travel through Arkansas working with the many shoe manufacturers in the area. Most are gone now due to manufacturing costs of labor intensive products that were an easy target for imports.

Sound quality and aesthetics are as good or better. For normal use, as strong as needed. Don't drop them, but that is good advice for any build.

Just one man's opinion. Enjoyed the video, thanks for posting. Stay warm Richie.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richieb said:

=== while I understand the costs of hand built manufacturing I’m still dismayed with the folded/90degree/glued method of assembly. I saw the same technique used when watching KHorns being built. And I know the glued joint is stronger that what was used in the past 

I.e. Baltic ply butt assembly. I guess i have a hard time equating this type of assembly for $10-15K speaker cabinets with that of the cheapest bookshelves built the same way — . Putting this aside I’m sure they are stunning to look at with sound to match - and regardless I’d love me a pair — 

So, what would be your expert suggestion as to a better way to assemble?  Just wondering....

20 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

So, what would be your expert suggestion as to a better way to assemble?  Just wondering....

=== Thank you for considering me an expert, your words, not mine. Nor did I say I had a “better”way. Just a personal observation comparing “old school” techniques with today’s more efficient methods. Of course you skipped over where I said the folded glue joint is stronger, that I’m sure they are stunning and would love to own them. But then, I’m not surprised— 

3 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== Thank you for considering me an expert, your words, not mine. Nor did I say I had a “better”way. Just a personal observation comparing “old school” techniques with today’s more efficient methods. Of course you skipped over where I said the folded glue joint is stronger, that I’m sure they are stunning and would love to own them. But then, I’m not surprised— 

Nope, I didn't skip a thing.  And I'm not surprised that you seemingly took offense at an innocuous question.