SOLD 2019 LaScala AL-5 ME Edition SOLD

• Moderators

@Chief bonehead discussing the Klipschorn AK6, the bad news is the 2019 Museum Edition Klipschorns are sold, the GOOD NEWS is the 2019 ME La Scala AL5, limited to one pair (in exquisite black limba) are available and nearing completion and they incorporate many of the same updates (like new tweeter driver and horn, redesigned networks, and Audioquest wiring) that Roy discusses in this video.

By the way "they sound great."

"[Paul] would be pleased" said the Man who would know!

• Like 6

That's such an awesome video... we'd all love to see more of RD speaking about technology and engineering from the companies perspective.  He should step out and into the limelight more often.

• Like 3

• Moderators

"The first ever Museum Edition Klipschorns have been produced by the skilled craftspersons in Hope, Arkansas. It’s fitting to see Karen Joy, the longest-tenured employee, in the shot. She sanded them. Beautiful!"  Facebook post on the  Klipsch Museum page.

ME Khorn.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If they would have said glue used by NASA and not Elmer's  wood glue it would of comforted me as well. Elsie just doesn't have the marketing power of say NASA namebrand.  If the NASA glue can hold up in space there is no doubt that it can hold up to decades of yearly ragers with the LS's at maximum load and movement from inside to out.

I gave the AL5 an audition in PDX bout a month ago.  They had just received them and set em up the day before I got there.  They were driven by a off brand EL34 amp.  

The sound was excellent and they seemed to fill the whole store with same.  The price however is a bit much for speakers missing the lower octave <51 HZ.  I believe list was 9K.  They were willing to negotiate but I had to force myself to leave (or they would have been in the back of my truck.)  I still think about going back but I already spent my tax return.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...