SOLD 2019 LaScala AL-5 ME Edition SOLD

• Moderators

The are SOLD, SOLD, SOLD.

The purchaser is one of the nicest people you could ever meet.  He is a longtime friend of mine and @Chief bonehead, and a Founders level member of the Museum.  He has been a long time Klipsch enthusiast. 

He started his Klipsch journey by purchasing  La Scalas (Ver. 1)  new from the factory,  had those eventually signed by PWK, then (check this out) he had his LS rebuilt by the factory into Belles (with factory modified LS networks for the Belles) then he got Klipschorns, and about 10 years ago was one was of the first purchasers of Jubilees which he currently runs with a @Chief bonehead designed Pro Cinema vented sub.

When I asked him where he was going to put them he said "I don't know . . . I really don't have the room."

I will let him explain the why's and how's of his purchase decision, but the Museum can't thank him enough.

Travis

• Like 4

• Klipsch Employees
3 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

The are SOLD, SOLD, SOLD.

The purchaser is one of the nicest people you could ever meet.  He is a longtime friend of mine and @Chief bonehead, and a Founders level member of the Museum.  He has been a long time Klipsch enthusiast. 

He started his Klipsch journey by purchasing  La Scalas (Ver. 1)  new from the factory,  had those eventually signed by PWK, then (check this out) he had his LS rebuilt by the factory into Belles (with factory modified LS networks for the Belles) then he got Klipschorns, and about 10 years ago was one was of the first purchasers of Jubilees which he currently runs with a @Chief bonehead designed Pro Cinema vented sub.

When I asked him where he was going to put them he said "I don't know . . . I really don't have the room."

I will let him explain the why's and how's of his purchase decision, but the Museum can't thank him enough.

Travis

Correction.....he was the FIRST jubilee owner and became a very dear friend of mine. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Travis

As I was telling Travis I'm very excited to own these Klipsch LaScala ME AL-5 because I have always loved how the LaScala reproduced music and these will bring me back full circle to were I began with Klipsch Loudspeakers which started for me with new LaScalas I purchased in 1987.  

When I first saw these very beautiful Klipsch LaScala ME AL-5 they brought to me many good feelings and memories from the past to the present and by my purchase of them it is my way to show my deepest respects for PWK and my good friend Roy.  I'm so excited to have a specially tweaked pair of LaScala by Roy..!!!

I also asked Travis to please convey how very special it is to me to have all the signatures of the people involved in the building of these very special LaScalas. Through the many Pilgrimages I have been fortunate to meet and talk with several of you who have signed them and it really does mean a lot to me.

I also asked Travis to please convey to everyone at Klipsch and the Vendors that my purchase is also to show my deepest respect for how they have shown support for the Klipsch Museum of Audio History and the volunteers who run the Museum please know that I truly respect all that you do and this is one of my ways to join you in your efforts.

I also told Travis there is also one other very important person I wanted this to be in honor of and that is my Dad. I fondly remember as a child of about 10yrs  watching my Dad (who had taught himself through a electronics course by mail) build a tube amplifier from scratch punching the chassis holes and tweaking it to sound like he wanted and then installing it into a console stereo cabinet he designed and built himself. Watching all of this sparked a life long passion for me in audio and the amplifiers and loudspeakers used to reproduce music. 

A heart felt thanks to all involved with these Klipsch LaScala ME AL-5.

miketn

My Dad’s Amplifier 

7F3B3448-90FB-4331-813C-A4BBE89E2D23.thumb.jpeg.96c8d9c866e80a1591a5c34b9e135813.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

24 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I forgot to ask, do you want the optional baseball bat sound or no?

Thanks for offering Travis but I’ll pass 😄

Saw this photo on the Klipsch Museum Of Audio History Facebook Post.

The LaScala AL-5 ME peeping out besides it’s big brother Klipschorns AK-6 ME  🙂

6A74F237-6DDD-4542-BE55-2420E03F8C10.thumb.jpeg.de36fce6da607196b39b59bcd805cab2.jpeg 

Hey Travis have you located me any other factory pictures of them..? pretty please  🙏 😃 

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

Saw this photo on the Klipsch Museum Of Audio History Facebook Post.

The LaScala AL-5 ME peeping out besides it’s big brother Klipschorns AK-6 ME  🙂

6A74F237-6DDD-4542-BE55-2420E03F8C10.thumb.jpeg.de36fce6da607196b39b59bcd805cab2.jpeg 

Hey Travis have you located me any other factory pictures of them..? pretty please  🙏 😃 

I will get you every single one in existence.

I am working on logistics right now, then I will gather up all of your photos.

Travis

2 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

@mikebse2a3 They are on pallets, straped, and crated in 3/4" ply and are on their way. 

Cannot wait to hear your thoughts.

Travis

Travis I believe you guys weren’t taking any chances with these cause the Bill of Lading shows (2) Pallets at 383.6# each.... 👍😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/4/2019 at 9:32 AM, mikebse2a3 said:

As I was telling Travis I'm very excited to own these Klipsch LaScala ME AL-5 because I have always loved how the LaScala reproduced music and these will bring me back full circle to were I began with Klipsch Loudspeakers which started for me with new LaScalas I purchased in 1987.  

When I first saw these very beautiful Klipsch LaScala ME AL-5 they brought to me many good feelings and memories from the past to the present and by my purchase of them it is my way to show my deepest respects for PWK and my good friend Roy.  I'm so excited to have a specially tweaked pair of LaScala by Roy..!!!

I also asked Travis to please convey how very special it is to me to have all the signatures of the people involved in the building of these very special LaScalas. Through the many Pilgrimages I have been fortunate to meet and talk with several of you who have signed them and it really does mean a lot to me.

I also asked Travis to please convey to everyone at Klipsch and the Vendors that my purchase is also to show my deepest respect for how they have shown support for the Klipsch Museum of Audio History and the volunteers who run the Museum please know that I truly respect all that you do and this is one of my ways to join you in your efforts.

I also told Travis there is also one other very important person I wanted this to be in honor of and that is my Dad. I fondly remember as a child of about 10yrs  watching my Dad (who had taught himself through a electronics course by mail) build a tube amplifier from scratch punching the chassis holes and tweaking it to sound like he wanted and then installing it into a console stereo cabinet he designed and built himself. Watching all of this sparked a life long passion for me in audio and the amplifiers and loudspeakers used to reproduce music. 

A heart felt thanks to all involved with these Klipsch LaScala ME AL-5.

miketn

My Dad’s Amplifier 

7F3B3448-90FB-4331-813C-A4BBE89E2D23.thumb.jpeg.96c8d9c866e80a1591a5c34b9e135813.jpeg

I love the labels he used for the amp!  My dad labeled just about everything with that stuff

• Like 1