SOLD 2019 LaScala AL-5 ME Edition SOLD

Thanks guys ........  it’s really hard to capture the true beauty of the veneer but I hope to try to post some better pictures in the near future.  

Klipsch’s redesign of the cabinet allowing Top and Bottom cabinet’s continues veneer matching on these as well as the Pair Matching is stunning in person IMHO. 🙂

miketn

A8D9E6DC-A708-4D60-AD80-145D0F94D627.thumb.jpeg.edaf13c157441eb67859ec6540be9ccd.jpegD694B942-542E-41A0-9A95-8F9EA8E1D339.thumb.jpeg.880f10eeac2e5f099b837a906ba2b613.jpeg

• Like 3

On 1/18/2019 at 6:33 PM, The Dude said:

Nice, I see it appears they are putting some sort of foam in the bass bin. If so, I wonder why?  I am sucker for a good build thread or in this case video.  Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Dutchess

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2019 at 5:16 PM, Islander said:

You’re right, in theory, and I stand corrected.  In practice, the number of female speaker engineers is very small, maybe even close to nonexistent, which is why I went with just  “he”.  However, the industry could always use more, or even some, lady engineers.

True, when I was in Engineering school 1989-1995 there were few precious female engineering school!  Oh but there was ONE who was a FULL ON BABE TOO! Two as I recall as a matter of fact! Smart AND gorgeous! OMG!

John Kuthe...

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 10:32 AM, mikebse2a3 said:

As I was telling Travis I'm very excited to own these Klipsch LaScala ME AL-5 because I have always loved how the LaScala reproduced music and these will bring me back full circle to were I began with Klipsch Loudspeakers which started for me with new LaScalas I purchased in 1987.  

When I first saw these very beautiful Klipsch LaScala ME AL-5 they brought to me many good feelings and memories from the past to the present and by my purchase of them it is my way to show my deepest respects for PWK and my good friend Roy.  I'm so excited to have a specially tweaked pair of LaScala by Roy..!!!

I also asked Travis to please convey how very special it is to me to have all the signatures of the people involved in the building of these very special LaScalas. Through the many Pilgrimages I have been fortunate to meet and talk with several of you who have signed them and it really does mean a lot to me.

I also asked Travis to please convey to everyone at Klipsch and the Vendors that my purchase is also to show my deepest respect for how they have shown support for the Klipsch Museum of Audio History and the volunteers who run the Museum please know that I truly respect all that you do and this is one of my ways to join you in your efforts.

I also told Travis there is also one other very important person I wanted this to be in honor of and that is my Dad. I fondly remember as a child of about 10yrs  watching my Dad (who had taught himself through a electronics course by mail) build a tube amplifier from scratch punching the chassis holes and tweaking it to sound like he wanted and then installing it into a console stereo cabinet he designed and built himself. Watching all of this sparked a life long passion for me in audio and the amplifiers and loudspeakers used to reproduce music. 

A heart felt thanks to all involved with these Klipsch LaScala ME AL-5.

miketn

My Dad’s Amplifier 

7F3B3448-90FB-4331-813C-A4BBE89E2D23.thumb.jpeg.96c8d9c866e80a1591a5c34b9e135813.jpeg

Received my Dad’s Plaque today.... sure do miss him ..!!!

7A25E189-ED1F-4BB6-8CD6-676761C40C14.thumb.png.4043b27d272a60bffca75290d24a2684.png

3EF8FFC8-CAAA-4F1F-A26F-E068D13CCC37.thumb.jpeg.56d324741c45c0b1dcfd2d5b705ff75b.jpeg

• Like 1