Eye Opener

T2K

I also through ALL of my change (coins) in a bucket every time I come home and empty my pocket.

Amazing how much it adds up. 

Here in Canada we have Loonies $1.00 and Toonies $2.00. Lots of times my pocket has $4-$10.00

in change. Don't touch.

My buddy had his two daughters save their penny's (in a beer keg) from the time they were born.

25+ years later he had to get movers to remove this beer keg from his basement. Found out it was

worth more in copper than currency.

• Like 1

I've worked for pretty much non-profits, i.e., low pay for most of my life. Have almost zero retirement. Still working and putting away what we can but a little of not much is just that, a little.

House and cars have been paid for, but I'm paying older son's student loan as late wife put it in my name. He has made the payments but for the past year hasn't been able to. It's $200 a month which could help us get other debt taken care of or put away.

This is also why most of my audio purchases are fairly low cost/used... and don't come along very often. I'm wiser now, but time is not on my side.

Seriously, it is one of the reasons we will retire to the Philippines. U.S. dollars go a long way... plus, I really like it there.

• Like 3

How can some one just show up in another country, rent-buy a place to live and just stay.

I know I (Canada) can't just 'move' to the US and you (US) can't just 'move' to Canada easily. At least not

at our age.

Got to be some 'costs' involved.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:50 PM, Westcoastdrums said:

Easy to do.  Uncontrollable spending and living above one's means, the American dream. 

Interestingly enough, it is that concept that Noam Chomsky cites as part of the end of the American dream in a documentary of the same name, IIRC.  Well, almost---it is called Requiem for the American Dream.