WTB Single Cornscala (Florida)

Pinball_pw

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Pinball_pw said:

Still looking for a single Cornscala in Florida. May be open to buying a pair and then splitting it up. 

You are right about finding a Cornscala a long shot.  Being non-Klipsch I rarely see them for sale, much less a single.

It looks like your original search was for a single La Scala, which is rare but I've seen singles FS and pairs of LS are out there.

I would suggest you open your search to Plan B and Plan C, whatever those are for your center speaker.  Maybe a Cornwall which was designed as a center between Khorns.  How about a Chorus II, Forte II or Heresy?

Good luck in your search.

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

You are right about finding a Cornscala a long shot.  Being non-Klipsch I rarely see them for sale, much less a single.

It looks like your original search was for a single La Scala, which is rare but I've seen singles FS and pairs of LS are out there.

I would suggest you open your search to Plan B and Plan C, whatever those are for your center speaker.  Maybe a Cornwall which was designed as a center between Khorns.  How about a Chorus II, Forte II or Heresy?

Good luck in your search.

WVU, I already implemented plan b. I have three La Scalas now across the front and two Cornscalas for the back. Just would prefer three Cornscalas across the front if possible.  It sounds great as-is. I just can’t seem to leave well enough alone. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Pinball_pw said:

I have three La Scalas now across the front and two Cornscalas for the back. Just would prefer three Cornscalas across the front if possible.  It sounds great as-is.

I just can’t seem to leave well enough alone. 

LOL!  Sounds right to me!

Have you considered just picking up a single Cornscala new from Crites?

I know you like those Cornscalas, but I've heard @Youthman's three LS across the front.  With twin subs between the L/C/R LS's it's a pretty impressive front sound stage!

@wvu80 my system is very very similar to his. We have different subs, processor/amps, and rear surrounds, but otherwise use the same gear. I agree it does sound nice. I may mod the La Scalas by making those bass bin stands instead. Still weighing options. If I get another Cornscala, I will end up switching out all their crossovers and midrange drivers. Just trying to be some more lower Hz from the front stage. 

On 3/20/2019 at 1:01 PM, Pinball_pw said:

Just trying to be some more lower Hz from the front stage. 

Lower Hz for what purpose?  Movies, explosions, etc I assume.

Your LS should already have a nice articulate bass, just not the low growling bass a lot of people like.  I would think a sub or two would be more than enough for most when using LS as L/C/R, music or movies.

3 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Lower Hz for what purpose?  Movies, explosions, etc I assume.

Your LS should already have a nice articulate bass, just not the low growling bass a lot of people like.  I would think a sub or two would be more than enough for most when using LS as L/C/R, music or movies.

You are not wrong.  I use my system primarily for movies.  I have a very nice beefy sub that I use as a near field sub now.  It provides the punch to complement the La Scalas.  That said, the bass was better having Cornscalas in the front.  I would be great if someone wanted to loan one :), but I think that is even less likely than finding a single.  I came pretty close to buying the Hudson Cornscalas that were listed here recently, but someone bought them an hour before me.  

• Like 1