Late 60s or early 70s K Horns NOT for sale

robert smith

I have owned these since the early 70s.  I bought them from the original owner, who was a good friend.  I think I remember him saying he even drove to Hope about 300 miles south of where I live.  They have been in my houses and in use the entire time.  Am thinking about selling them, but have no idea what they may be worth or even how to sell something that large and heavy.  Looking for any helpful ideas.  Maybe someone with more knowledge  can tell something from the serial number.

IMG_8536.JPG

IMG_8535.JPG

• Like 1

welcome to the forum

$2500 and $3000 with no upgrades in near mint condition. more depending on your location for pickup.

KB-WO stands for

K= Klipschorn

B = Spacer or collar

W =Walnut

O = Oil

the letter L does stand for 1973 as noted above

• Like 2

Robert

If you sell them you may regret it the rest of your life.  Correction, probably will regret it the rest of your life.  

I have wanted Klipschorns for forty some years and yesterday made the final payment on a pair.  They are to be delivered this week.

If you need money take out a loan, if you need space then knock down a wall.  

I apologize in advance to anyone wanting these but I just can’t stand by and let you do it.

Sincerely 

Larry

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, scallywagger77 said:

Robert

If you sell them you may regret it the rest of your life.  Correction, probably will regret it the rest of your life.  

I have wanted Klipschorns for forty some years and yesterday made the final payment on a pair.  They are to be delivered this week.

If you need money take out a loan, if you need space then knock down a wall.  

I apologize in advance to anyone wanting these but I just can’t stand by and let you do it.

Sincerely 

Larry

I had to wait 30 years to get mine.  @scallywagger77 speaks the truth.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, robert smith said:

I have decided not to sell my Khorns.  Hope this post will help  so I won't be bothering anyone anymore.  If there is a way to delete this post please let me know.  I do like this site and want to remain to gain more knowledge  

That's cool, I just changed the title, if you want it deleted just send me a PM.

2 hours ago, robert smith said:

I have decided not to sell my Khorns.  Hope this post will help  so I won't be bothering anyone anymore.  If there is a way to delete this post please let me know.  I do like this site and want to remain to gain more knowledge  

Glad you came to your senses. I type this as I sit here listening to mine with a grin on my face.........

Shakey

• Like 1