Superbowl 2019 & Playoffs

wvu80

24 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

How do you properly officiate a continuous dogfight (Holding, grabbing, pushing, tripping, elbowing, spitting, swearing, and some I can't think of) between the defensive back and the receiver and still call it clean?

And some teams seem to get away with much more from the officials. The Patriots had 5 pass interference calls against them this whole year.

• Like 1

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

How do you properly officiate a continuous dogfight (Holding, grabbing, pushing, tripping, elbowing, spitting, swearing, and some I can't think of) between the defensive back and the receiver and still call it clean?

Many things will never be clear as on how to call it, but consistency would help, and of course very obvious calls.

8 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

And some teams seem to get away with much more from the officials. The Patriots had 5 pass interference calls against them this whole year.

That's true, this is not constant either.

If the NFL wants to save any credibility some changes need to be made, especially on calls that can change the outcome of a game. People have been complaining about blatant calls or noncalls for a long time and it gets ignored. Just consider the billions changing hands in a year of games just in parties, cost of going to games and merchandise, and gambling. The NFL has a lot to lose if they get a bad reputation and there have already been rumors for a couple of years about it being rigged.

Technology has improved a lot over the last couple of years much of this could all be reviewed in a fair time to at least eliminate obvious calls, they already send reviews to people watching in NY.

It's not like the NFL and the tax-exempt billions couldn't afford to have more people watching who could buzz the refs on the field to at least huddle up when something obvious is missed, they all have earpieces already. Or have a couple more refs on the field to watch for anything that looks abnormal, I say this because the refs say none of them seen that play, somehow?

• Like 1

More important re. Josh Gordon, the news said the Pats are paying for (at least some, I guess) his rehab.  Call me a sucker.  I hope the young man gets his life straightened out, whether he ever plays football again or not.  He needs to fix a lot of personal problems!