WTB Working pair of K-77 or Crites replacements

teaman

Hi guys, I just acquired a pair of Gen 1 Heresys from a member here and unfortunately the tweeters were DOA. WVU80 (Dave) gave me the idea to ask in the forum before I plunk down $160 to Crites for a pair of his tweeters. He figured I could reach out to the forum members to see if anyone happens to have a pair sitting unused that somebody may care to part with. I figure it is at least worth a shot.

Feel free to PM me with details of what you have. Thanks

Tim

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scallywagger77 said:

Did the seller make thing right I hope

Sorry Larry, didn't mean to slight the transaction in any way. I was just getting to the point of needing tweeters. You did indeed work with me in every way and were generous enough to assist me in getting the money towards the replacement. I apologize if it came across wrong. I would do business with you again in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Tim-

I received your PM, but found it cryptic.  

As it is, I have working round magnet K77s, as well as a pair of Crites CT120s.  You’re welcome to borrow the CT120s and the K77s to see which you prefer and to see if the CT120s are worth the cost difference.  Please understand, the K77s are for sale, my CT120s are not.  If you prefer the CT120s, you would need to return mine, as well as the K77s, and purchase new CT120s from Bob, or used elsewhere.  Feel free to call me.  My number is in the PM.

All of the above assumes you’re willing to make a couple trips between Howell and Birmingham.  Better yet, we could meet at Claude’s in Pontiac to check out his latest “final” setup, now that he sold his Jubilees.  Of course @ClaudeJ1 would need to approve.  Howell to Pontiac is closer than Howell to Birmingham, or Boulder to Birmingham, if you can manage to bring Emmylou Harris with you.

• Like 1

i looked on the f/s page pf these speakers and they are listed as the square mag tweeter. seems a little unusual to have both go out

It seems that these Heresy tweeters dislike shipping in a big way. Out of three pair of Heresy that I have had shipped or delivered to me, only a single speaker arrived with a tweeter working. After a chat with Bob Crites on Saturday he tells me these diaphragms are very fragile and that this is a pretty regular occurrence.

To be clear this was nothing to do with the transport, or the owner at fault, for all I know they could have went out while I unloaded them to my garage or bringing them in the house. I’m not looking to assign blame in this situation, I simply need new tweeters.

I don’t really trust my eyes at this stage to start frigging with swapping diaphragms. I probably need bifocals but don’t have them. Anyways, I have two pair now of K-77 tweeters, although I believe this pair in particular are K-77M per Larry’s original ad.

I would be okay with swapping my bad tweeter pair for someone’s functional pair and pay the upcharge for diaphragm replacement as well. Just throwing some options out there. Thanks.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, teaman said:

I’m sure it is but if you read my post above, I don’t trust my eyes to do so at this point.

I’m sorry. I posted my post at the same exact time as you were posting yours and was not able to read yours until after I posted mine. I hope you get replacements soon.

• Like 1

I’m sorry. I posted my post at the same exact time as you were posting yours and was to able to read yours until after I posted mine. I hope you get replacements soon.

Thank you, I wondered that after I posted. I apologize for seeming to snap at you. Sorry, wasn’t meaning to do so.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, teaman said:

Thank you, I wondered that after I posted. I apologize for seeming to snap at you. Sorry, wasn’t meaning to do so.

You’re welcome. I did not feel you were seeming to snap at me. I just wanted to explain. After I posted my post, yours had just been posted and I realized mine was invalid, so I wanted to explain. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DizRotus said:

All of the above assumes you’re willing to make a couple trips between Howell and Birmingham.  Better yet, we could meet at Claude’s in Pontiac to check out his latest “final” setup, now that he sold his Jubilees.  Of course @ClaudeJ1 would need to approve.  Howell to Pontiac is closer than Howell to Birmingham, or Boulder to Birmingham, if you can manage to bring Emmylou Harris with you.

I approve. I cancelled my trip to Atlanta, so I'm home. I had to laugh at your term "final setup"..........yeah right. Fronts are done, now for the rears. Using KP-250's for channel 4 and 5 in my 2.2/5.2, soon to be 2.4/6.4 with 4K projector, with an eye for an 6.4.2 Atmos in the future (while I finish my Super Heresy 2.0's). Since bringing Emmilou (still a babe at 71 with an Angel's Voice) is out of the scope of reality, a 6 pack of your favorite craft beer will do!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I approve. I cancelled my trip to Atlanta, so I'm home. I had to laugh at your term "final setup"..........yeah right. Fronts are done, now for the rears. Using KP-250's for channel 4 and 5 in my 2.2/5.2, soon to be 2.4/6.4 with 4K projector, with an eye for an 6.4.2 Atmos in the future (while I finish my Super Heresy 2.0's). Since bringing Emmilou (still a babe at 71 with an Angel's Voice) is out of the scope of reality, a 6 pack of your favorite craft beer will do!

Come on..... Downsizing to.... Heresys?   That's heresy....