Original capacitors in type B crossover

Kreg

I have two builds out using them. One pair for La Scalas and another for modified Cornwalls. It's always a little stressful waiting for feedback. The ODAMs do check all of my boxes, so we will see. 

I’ll look forward to hearing what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And here comes a further good working alternative for your likes.

https://tubes-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=1433&osCsid=6fmme2bsbd1q3j4k1oaeggq293

It's not a competition what it the best, but I don't know what Jupiter or other caps suggested here cost, that's why KBG PIO will be the next ones I will try. They are NOS but in a glass container virtually forever protected against drying out or leaking.

Edit,
Oh in the meantime I have looked that we talk about caps which cost between 60 and 150 USD per piece or more. Not for me. I did it ones when buying Mundorf silver oil caps which are located here in Cologne Germany for a project 20 years ago, same price range or even much more expensive today than the caps mentioned in this thread.
Really not worth it but I was young naive and too silly. Only my 2 cents.

It is a free world of course and everyone should enjoy what he or she likes to purchase.

Yeah believe it or not caps 20 years ago aren’t the same as caps today. Like saying a 2000 Smart Car compares to a 2022 Mercedes. Lol…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having been down this road (thank you to the patient folks on this forum) I really don't think there can be a good answer as it is subjective and there is no way to know how they will work with your personal taste unless you try them all. Lots of good recommendations so far, don't lose sleep over whatever combo you go with.

20 hours ago, KT88 said:

They are NOS but in a glass container

Nope. It's a glass seal. Think of it as a ring, and cement is used to secure it to the metal. 

The Mundorf Silver and Oils are really nice, but I feel like there are some better options for less money. 

1 hour ago, iaRIVR said:

I really don't think there can be a good answer as it is subjective ...

The answer is simple. If you like the Klipsch house sound and don't want to change anything, use what Klipsch recommends. If you want something a bit different, then you are going to have to paint outside of the lines.

• Like 1