SOLD: 1984 Heresy HWO - Central, AR

avguytx

I thought I might use these in our new house in the living room, but, there is no room on the floor due to the fireplace and cabinets to the left and right.  I'll end up with something smaller like Klipsch bookshelf speakers or something similar.,  Thought about the Klipsch soundbar with sub but that's another topic.

I got these from the original owner (their son, actually) who bought them new in Little Rock at Custom Audio in 1984/85 after they sold their Klipschorn's due to downsizing because of a spouse illness.  The son was a big customer of ours at the audio store I worked at back in the mid 80's and a great guy (miss his restaurant).  These are untouched with the E-2 crossovers, K-22-K woofers, K-53-K mids/K-701 horns, and K-77-M tweeters.  For almost 35 years of age, they are in quite good shape with no gouges or missing veneer but do have the usual wear and tear with some light scratching that is hard to see in the photos and even up close, it's tough to see anything.  These did not come with the original risers but they had a cabinet maker in Little Rock make them some angled stands and veneered them in matching Walnut and they will be included, of course.  They do get them a few inches more off the ground.  

I'm sure you've noticed there are no grills are in the pictures.  I do have them but they are rough meaning they have a reasonably good case of "cat scratch fever" and missing their original emblems.  The grills are masonite and not plastic. 

Sitting here listening to some Allison Krauss "A Hundred Miles or More - A Collection" and they sound great bone stock.  But, of course, that can be changed easily enough if someone is so inclined.  I'd rather not ship these if I didn't have to as time is hard to come by right now while working on a house build.  I've shipped many various electronics and speakers that were larger and heavier than these but you could just about count on shipping being $150 for both including boxes, etc., to do it right...meaning not just putting them in a box of peanuts and hoping for the best.  I would meet a "reasonable" distance away to help out but time is tough for me to come by lately although I'd still come up with it somehow.  :)

Price with grills left as they are and the replacement emblems and stands included - Sold

I decided not to price them with the grills being redone. That can be for the new owner to decide. 

Left speaker. 

Left1-768x1042.jpg

Left2-768x1190.jpg

Left4.jpg

Left5.jpg

Left6.jpg

20190121_135934-768x1365.jpg

Looking at them again, I guess they aren't as bad as I made it out to sound. Mainly droopy from the adhesive letting go on the back side of the grills. Really, the cat marks aren't hardly there. I've by far seen worse. Much better after I cleaned them up.  I'm removing the option to buy with the grills recovered; that can be at the new owners discretion. I'll get them glued down and see if I can get the original velcro to hold the grills on because they don't at the moment. New pads are fairly cheap. 

20190121_163500-1024x1820.jpg

20190121_163557-1024x1820.jpg