Home Theatre Setup

krishna

Hello all,

Need some advice here on the HT setup and configuration. I was thinking as the following configuration

1) R-610F FLOORSTANDING SPEAKER for the front left and right speakers

2) RC-62 ii for the center speaker

3) R-41M as the surround speakers

4) R-120SW as the subwoofer

Receiver: Yamaha  RX-V683BL

Let me know if these sound good or will there be any issues while connecting them. I know that RC-62 ii is an old model and is currently not in production.

Thank you!

Edited by krishna
  • Like 1

Sorry, have already purchased the R-610F for your main front speakers there @krishna...?

Not familiar with those but, those may be large enough for your Home Theater. Just wanted to

make certain they would be compatible in size to keep up with the rest of your system. If you

have already purchased those, alright. If not, more feedback needed from others here more

familiar with the newer model. Right forum but, wrong person in me. Wanted to draw attention

to your question for others and to welcome you. Let us see who chimes in now.

Bump...

2 minutes ago, Fish said:

It looks ok except get the largest mains you can fit/afford. You certainly don't need to worry about the rc62, it's a really good speaker.

Standing at only 37" tall, yet able to produce deep bass extension, The R-610F floorstanding speaker takes your movies and music to another level by delivering incredible sound from our signature Klipsch horn-loaded tweeter and a spun-copper IMG woofer.

Features:

• 1" Aluminum LTS tweeter
  • 90x90 Square Tractrix Horn
  • Single 6.5" Spun-Copper IMG Woofers
  • Bass-Reflex via Rear-Firing Tractrix® ports
  • Strong, Flexible Removable Magnetic Grille
  • Dimensions: 37" x 9.4" x 15.1"

2 hours ago, Fish said:

It looks ok except get the largest mains you can fit/afford. You certainly don't need to worry about the rc62, it's a really good speaker.

Standing at only 37" tall, yet able to produce deep bass extension, The R-610F floorstanding speaker takes your movies and music to another level by delivering incredible sound from our signature Klipsch horn-loaded tweeter and a spun-copper IMG woofer.

Features:

• 1" Aluminum LTS tweeter
  • 90x90 Square Tractrix Horn
  • Single 6.5" Spun-Copper IMG Woofers
  • Bass-Reflex via Rear-Firing Tractrix® ports
  • Strong, Flexible Removable Magnetic Grille
  • Dimensions: 37" x 9.4" x 15.1"

bump

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, krishna said:

@billybob Yes, I already bought it. But can exchange if necessary

Well that is nice to know you can exchange them. Suggest then, unless others here have a better idea, to listen to them and get back with your results, keeping in mind your exchange date deadline. They may be all that is needed for your expectations. Another posted above to

get the largest mains you can afford. Cannot disagree with that thought in mind, except to say, you may find them adequate when you have a chance to listen to how they blend in with the rest of system. Going to suppose you also know what unit you are going to power your system with?

Size of room, seating position, and other factors do come into play when planning a system. If you want to please supply that info and any other questions for the forum here. re you going to listen to music as well as movies?

Review atr your leisure the other threads in the home theater topic to learn more of the language of the audio world. Relax and enjoy your prospects of a new audio system.

The more we know, the better the answers will be. If not getting feedback in a timely fashion, try posting more here on your thread, so others may see it and respond. Meanwhile welcome again.

Here is the best answer to all your questions that I can give. The size of the room is going to be 18x16. The receiver that I currently bought is Yamaha RX-V683. This home theatre is currently going to be in India. So the prices of the speakers are more than twice the cost in the US which is the reason I'm having some budget constraints. The front speakers 610F alone is costing around $800 (Converting to USD) and the current system including all speakers and receiver is costing close to $2450 (Converting to USD) (Spending the same amount the US can probably get me a much better selection of speakers. Probably a 7.1 with Atmos?). The largest main speakers that I could do is the 610F. But if something else comes at that price, I'm willing to do it. Again posting my current speaker selections here

R-610F FLOORSTANDING SPEAKER for the front left and right speakers

RC-62 ii for the center speaker

R-41M as the surround speakers

R-120SW as the subwoofer

Receiver: Yamaha  RX-V683BL

Thanks a lot, @billybob for your active responses

Edited by krishna

You do know the BB double 8 inch version is/was $224 each? Or FRY"S puts the rf82II's on sale for about the $450 a set ? You may already know all that, disregard if so.

EDIT, just noticed you were not in the US?

I'm currently in the US, but I cannot ship them to India. Nor any store does that for me. Shipping it via FedEx or UPS gets me to the same price as in India. So buying in India is the only option where the prices skyrocket when compared to what I see here. 

8 hours ago, krishna said:

I'm currently in the US, but I cannot ship them to India. Nor any store does that for me. Shipping it via FedEx or UPS gets me to the same price as in India. So buying in India is the only option where the prices skyrocket when compared to what I see here. 

Fish is right about other speakers mentioned. Desirable and less money. When you go to India, you can still communicate with us, when you see what is available. Did not know your plan was for India and not in this country?