Blood Moon

Mallette

If you have an HT setup or at least a PC with decent speakers, CRANK'EM! 

This piece will be premiered in its 17 hour totality March 2 and the Arkansas Municipal Auditorium in Texarkana. 8 Channels surround with subwoofer, video projection, and custom gobo lighting effects. Come and go as you please from midnight until the 36th movement at about 5PM Sunday. Of course, made this from the images I shot the other night that were posted in the "Show us..." thread here.

This is downright unnerving at times on a big Heritage system with sub... Especially in the dark on a big screen with a storm passing outside.

Dave

• Like 1

Haven't been able to confirm, but likely the longest symphony ever composed. I am about to write an article on it and will post here. There is a reason for the  length and  number of movements  (36) that deals with all of the mathematical, tempo, canonic and other elements. The composer is a true  polymath genius. He composed it after studying Conlon Nancarrows work in the canon form. He was raised across the street from where Nancarrow was. Nancarrow was long gone to Mexico at the time, but  his brother Charles still occupied the house so he learned of Conlon's work. 

Dave

I'll toss out a little more info...

One line he uses is "Ever hear a piano scream?" At times, this piece hits in excess of 4,000 notes per SECOND with all keys repeating the canon. This produces harmonics you'd never get with normal playing, completely new overtones never heard before. Those who've experienced a hurricane with winds at 150mph or more have some sense of the complex, pulsing drone effect. As I said, unnerving on a big system.

Dave

Official.jpg

Perhaps a more palatable version for those averse to 21rst century music... Try this one, Mike. I don't recall your biases, so it may just be another calliope to you but this organist is very dear to me and in his late 80s...still playing. 

Texarkana is doing fine, but I prefer the weather in your area this time of the year. BTW, if you right click and do open in new tab, you get it pretty quick. 

Dave