Chorus 1 Questions

Chorus1 Fan

New member here.👋 I just traded for a set of Chorus 1's in great condition and they sound great. I read through this thread and I orderd the ports to try and see if I like the result. It is so cheap it sounds like a no brainer. The only thing I have done to the speakers is rotate the woofers 180 degrees and I might be doing some of the other mods I may find here such as crossover and driver upgrades but for now I plan on just enjoying them. I also have some Heresies that I replaced the crossovers with Crites and I love them also. I am looking forward to learning more about these fantastic speakers and I hope I can be of help to someone also. Great to be here. Tom C.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Welcome to the forum and you have a great set of speakers. I like these more than Forte or Cornwalls.  Recapping the crossovers is a good thing to do as those old mylar caps are out of whack by now.

Thanks for the welcome Dave A, I think I will probably replace the whole network like I did with my Heresies instead of just the caps. My audio bank is a little low right now but I hope to do it soon. Tom C.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I bought a pair of used Chorus-1 speakers that have supposedly had Crites upgrades. I was searching for info. on them and followed the thread where the tubes were added with interior end flares. Out of curiosity I started rambling around my "re-purpose" materials (junk) and found that Chlorox Wipes containers end with the flip-up lid removed just fits snugly into a bass port. They're also slightly longer than the 7-inches quoted in the installation. The slightly wider diameter may affect total resonance length but they're cheap and easy to cut, especially if you just want to see how it affects the bass. FYI