Denon x3500 or x4500 for HT with RF7iii and RC64iii

jordan122345

Alright so I am buying some new speakers very soon. I will be getting Klipsch RF7III AMD RC64III FP the fronts. I will decide later when my dedicated theater room is ready for the sides and rears and what not. I a. Trying to find a good avr for all channels and once I get into the theater room I will most likely add an Emotiva for the fronts. My question is I like the denon avrx4500h but do I need it over the x3500h? Or any other recommendations?

Looks like the only big difference is the 7 or 9 channel layout. 

If you're planning to go 5.1.4 or 7.1.2, the 4500 is the way to go. If atmos isn't in the plans, I'd save some money and go with the 3500.

Both have Audyssey's XT32 and SubEQ HT, multi-channel preamps, yada yada yada. 

I would look at going to the AVR-X4400X  OR AVR-X6400X. No big changes for the upgrade and signifcant savings . Having said that I have the 6400. I start at 5.1 with the 4400 then upgraded to the 6400 and running 7.1.4 now. I would get more channels so you dont limit yourself down the road.

Edited by captjoe
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, captjoe said:

this is what i purchased to cool mine down..paid 109..00  has many features pretty quite and does the job.looks good also.

AC Infinity AIRCOM T9, Quiet Cooling Fan System 17" Top-Exhaust for Receivers, Amps, DVR, AV Cabinet Components

Perfect I will take a look at that also. Thank you 

I have an x4300h running 5 speakers and 2 subs ... I don't ever feel it hot and they have an "eco mode" which keeps the power consumption down.  So unless you intend to crank it to the max for long periods, I'd try it without a cooler (although the AC Infinity is fine).  Just a thought.

I will give e it a try and see how it goes. Thank you 

2 hours ago, MC39693 said:

I have an x4300h running 5 speakers and 2 subs ... I don't ever feel it hot and they have an "eco mode" which keeps the power consumption down.  So unless you intend to crank it to the max for long periods, I'd try it without a cooler (although the AC Infinity is fine).  Just a thought.

I recently jammed a Heresy III into my TV console as center channel, leaving just over 1.5 inches of clearance on top of my Denon x4300 which drives the center and 4 surround channels. Tried without fans.  It got pretty hot. Even hotter was a Parasound A23 amp sitting in a difference part of the console.  Both open in the back so I needed something to vent that way. 

Bought Infinity S6 for Denon and worked so good, got another for the A23! Auto on/off option.  Lowest setting keeps everything cool (barely warm to the touch). Super quiet on low (can barely hear it in quiet room and that’s when I know it’s on and I’m purposely listening for it). Inexpensive on Amazon. Bought couple weeks ago so can’t say anything about durability yet but I’m very happy and no longer stressing about heat issues. 

7 hours ago, WorkingEdge said:

I recently jammed a Heresy III into my TV console as center channel, leaving just over 1.5 inches of clearance on top of my Denon x4300 which drives the center and 4 surround channels. Tried without fans.  It got pretty hot. Even hotter was a Parasound A23 amp sitting in a difference part of the console.  Both open in the back so I needed something to vent that way. 

Bought Infinity S6 for Denon and worked so good, got another for the A23! Auto on/off option.  Lowest setting keeps everything cool (barely warm to the touch). Super quiet on low (can barely hear it in quiet room and that’s when I know it’s on and I’m purposely listening for it). Inexpensive on Amazon. Bought couple weeks ago so can’t say anything about durability yet but I’m very happy and no longer stressing about heat issues. 

So is the T10 overkill then? 

6 hours ago, jordan122345 said:

So is the T10 overkill then? 

I looked up T10 and that sure looks fancier than S6, but I paid less for both units than the price of one. I don’t need or care for all the read outs and S6 has four fan speeds with enough options for me. 160 CFM versus S6’s 100CFM but I have only used lowest of four settings thus far, priority with keeping noise to an absolute minimum. With efficient Klipsch speakers, how much actual wattage was I going to be using anyways. Can’t imagine a max of just over 1.5 cubic feet of air per second being pulled through my Denon or A23 would be insufficient when they were designed to be run without fans. 

Do note that it’s footprint is smaller than typical components and does not cover the entire top area of the receiver or amp which was aesthetically ok with me for how I have everything set up. 

6 hours ago, WorkingEdge said:

I looked up T10 and that sure looks fancier than S6, but I paid less for both units than the price of one. I don’t need or care for all the read outs and S6 has four fan speeds with enough options for me. 160 CFM versus S6’s 100CFM but I have only used lowest of four settings thus far, priority with keeping noise to an absolute minimum. With efficient Klipsch speakers, how much actual wattage was I going to be using anyways. Can’t imagine a max of just over 1.5 cubic feet of air per second being pulled through my Denon or A23 would be insufficient when they were designed to be run without fans. 

Do note that it’s footprint is smaller than typical components and does not cover the entire top area of the receiver or amp which was aesthetically ok with me for how I have everything set up. 

Alrighty sounds like a plan S6 it is.  Thank you very much