Kinter 2020a opinions (tripath chip)

Chorus1 Fan

Anyone here tried this Kinter everyone seems to be raving about hooked up to a pair of old-school Klipsch speakers?

https://kinterusa.com/product-line?olsPage=products%2Fkinter-k2020a-limited-edition-original-tripath-ta2020-020-class-t-hi-fi-audio-mini-amplifier-with-12v-5a-power-supply-black

It's only 32.00 on Amazon right now. If nothing else, it would be cool to say this tiny thing is all that's pushing my_________ (La Scalas, K-Horn, Heresy, etc.)

I'm tempted to buy one for my office & do just that. If I do, I want to buy a cd/dvd player with a small footprint so the whole rig sits on top of the speaker 😁

download (1).jpg

I have this amp, the 2020a. I use it on my front porch with chromecast audio. Its a really good amp for my purpose, I left it on all summer and fall, outside in a basket. I bought the cheap fake version used for $5 delivered, it was 2x what is was worth. Make sure to get the real one. It's got more power than I could believe for it's size, and sounds really good,imo. I've listened to it many hrs looking at the sky.....

It replaced a Jamo 50 watt per channel with toroidal supply. At any modest volume it sounded about as good.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 5:07 PM, 4JaxJags said:

Anyone here tried this Kinter everyone seems to be raving about hooked up to a pair of old-school Klipsch speakers?

https://kinterusa.com/product-line?olsPage=products%2Fkinter-k2020a-limited-edition-original-tripath-ta2020-020-class-t-hi-fi-audio-mini-amplifier-with-12v-5a-power-supply-black

It's only 32.00 on Amazon right now. If nothing else, it would be cool to say this tiny thing is all that's pushing my_________ (La Scalas, K-Horn, Heresy, etc.)

I'm tempted to buy one for my office & do just that. If I do, I want to buy a cd/dvd player with a small footprint so the whole rig sits on top of the speaker 😁

download (1).jpg

I used one to drive my Quarter Pie bass horns. It sounded fine. Tested at the Klipsch HQ Lab in 2007, by a Klipsch Engineer at 6 clean Watts per channel. PWK would have loved it.

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2019 at 6:53 PM, rmlowz said:

This looks like my Lepi 2020a maybe a rebadge? Nice sounding amp, I might have to pull it out of the audio storage vault and fire it up again

It may be, but looks are not a sign. If it's the junker you'll know. You'll be thinkin, that's not too loud, and it won't be,,,,,,,,good luck. Now that I think about it I think the good ones have a decent heat sink instead of just electronics. 

On 1/28/2019 at 5:44 PM, ClaudeJ1 said:

I used one to drive my Quarter Pie bass horns. It sounded fine. Tested at the Klipsch HQ Lab in 2007, by a Klipsch Engineer at 6 clean Watts per channel. PWK would have loved it.

If it's good enough for Claude & a Klipsch engineer, it's good enough for me 🙂

1 hour ago, 4JaxJags said:

If it's good enough for Claude & a Klipsch engineer, it's good enough for me 🙂

You'll be surprised as to how loud and clean it is with LaScalas. That Tripath chip is considered one of the greatest chip designs of the last century and has withstood the test of time.