DFW -- KLF-20s in Zebrawood

J M O N

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Same father and son team that have listed other high priced veneer jobs.  I guess they sell a set every now and then.  Who knows.

I was wondering the same but didn't want to type those words here in case it was a forum member.  They do beautiful work but, THOSE PRICES, hot damn....

5 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== let me re-phrase that - damn expensive as compared to what New examples of CW3 and H3 can be bought for —- 

Agreed, but clearly one is paying for the veneer job here.   Custom veneer jobs from klipsch are available as well and fetch hefty sums also on current models. 

If they have the skills, go for it, but why KLF20s? 

There was a set of beat up B&W N805s for sale locally for $750, that would have been worth it.

Pick up a set of CF4's, K Horns, Belles, etc and maybe the job is worth it.  No to degrade the KLF 20's (they may be great bargain speakers) but why put an expensive paint job on a Pinto?

• Like 2

I have noticed them drop the prices on a few they have re-finished.   I know its a matter of personal taste, but I think they would do a little better if the veneer choices were less exotic "if you will".    Their re-fab jobs look fantastic.   It is the veneer choices that gets me.    

Different types of maple, oak, cheery etc.   

Very cool that someone is wiling to even do this.   I don't know of any other speaker brand that people do this with.          

• Like 1