wtb chorus 2 binding post cap

harmony08

Hi. The binding post works fine, just missing one cap on one speaker.   How did this happen? I bought them this way several years ago.  Electrical tape is not a solution. Any suggestions on where I can get a cap for a Chorus 2 speaker. Has anyone got a cap they want to sell? 

Rich

Tulsa

Don't banana plugs work without having to have the cap?  I could see where you'd need the cap for spade lugs for sure.  I don't know how the posts are attached to the crossover circuit board, or if they are, but what about changing out the connectors on both sets?  I've changed them out on Pioneer HPM-100's a few times and those aren't a simple swap but it was doable in little time and have changed them out on many, many other speakers with the spring terminals.

I was thinking that the Chorus II's terminals connected straight to the crossover but they might just be on the terminal cup and then go over to a mounted crossover.  I've never owned, or worked on, a pair of Chorus of any iteration so I can't speak from experience.

3 minutes ago, harmony08 said:

thanks for the responses!   i don't have banana plugs - yet. that  will be another project... 

Don't get them if you don't need them.  Do you frequently have to move your speakers and unhook your speakers?  If so, they may be a convenience for you.  If not, bare wire connection is best.