WTB k-500 belle horns

Speakerfritz

13 hours ago, Coytee said:

As a side note.....how does someone end up NOT having their horns?  (custom build perhaps??)

That's how it worked out with me....building a pair from scratch.  It amazingly enough worked out that someone on here was selling some parts off because they were "updating" and I was able to get the horns and grills I needed.  If I would have gone the 2-way 510 or Faital route, I would have had to hide them behind grills as I'm not a big fan of that horn just sitting on top.  But that's just me.

Too bad someone can't make a mold of a K-500 horn and make fiberglass replicas of them.  In my younger car audio years I did tons of fiberglass fabrications for higher end installations in vehicles out in Tulsa but I'd be too slow to do that now.  We'd build a "jig", then just make what we needed off of that mold.  Would be tougher with these having a threaded throat to work with.

FYI for those considering the the K-510 route. The dimensions on the K-510 are 15in wide and 9 in tall and 5 in deep. Add a JBL 244X driver (which is only 5 in deep). If you go this route then an electronic crossover is recommended (Steeper crossover filtering, time alignment and simple compensation required for the CD horn). I think (need to check) these would allow the K-510 to fit in the Belle top section (of course the baffle would need to be re-worked). 

8 hours ago, tom1066 said:

Sorry for my intrusion and I'm happy to do this via PM but where can you buy a pair of 510 horns?

No intrusion...

You either need to find them used (probably easier to find a lavender poka-dotted Unicorn)

You'd have to get them from a Cinema dealer, not necessarily your friendly local Klipsch dealer.

It will be more expensive than the  stock horn for the Belle....  but the scale of sound will put the old horn(s) to shame.

Where do you live?  (am also curious if 1066 has to do with some date or something......or might be tractor related (IH)?)

On 1/28/2019 at 4:46 PM, Coytee said:

No intrusion...

You either need to find them used (probably easier to find a lavender poka-dotted Unicorn)

You'd have to get them from a Cinema dealer, not necessarily your friendly local Klipsch dealer.

It will be more expensive than the  stock horn for the Belle....  but the scale of sound will put the old horn(s) to shame.

Where do you live?  (am also curious if 1066 has to do with some date or something......or might be tractor related (IH)?)

I'm from Alabama - I talked to you a while back on AK about 402s.  That search led me to 510s and I haven't seen them for sale either.  Just curious about it and where to get them.  Anyway the search continues... 

1066 for me is the Battle of Hastings.  It was my first password for an old ATM card when I was a teenager.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tom1066 said:

I'm from Alabama - I talked to you a while back on AK about 402s.  That search led me to 510s and I haven't seen them for sale either.  Just curious about it and where to get them.  Anyway the search continues... 

1066 for me is the Battle of Hastings.  It was my first password for an old ATM card when I was a teenager.

A Medieval Reenactor here, 1066 for Hastings, indeed.  @tom1066