Blanchard ...

Deang

I have those also... the x11's are the most comfortable in ear headphone ever created, and they don't sound bad either.

I like the build quality of the x20's, and they sound good to, but I really prefer wearing and listening to the x11's.

• Like 1

I don't know about the Custom 2, but I remember the Custom 3 was a dual aperture design -- tweeter, woofer with a bass reflex cavity. So, similar in design to the x20i. However, the x20i is from the Image line, and so is more compact and comfortable. I can't speak to any differences in driver quality. The Custom 3 retailed for $300 a decade ago, while the x20i is currently running at $550. I definitely prefer the cord on the x20i to the older stuff, which was kind of meh.

The x10i, x11i, and x12i are basically the same. I think they all use the same driver (single aperture). It's generational, each delivering improvement in construction details. My x10i fell apart after a year of solid use. Kind of disappointing considering the cost. The x11i is more robust, using a hard rubber around the aperture, and a tangle free cord. The x12i has the same cord as the x20i. I personally think it's overpriced, but I bought one anyways because I lack good sense and self control.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

I am debating on buying another pair. I currently have the custom threes. When I use these I use them with “over ear” hearing protection on top of them. How do you think these guys would work with over ears putting pressure on your entire year?

The x12i and x20i have been discontinued. I found a second pair of x20i on eBay, which I have stashed away in case my first pair fail. I like them a lot. If you can find them, they would be ideal for using with over the ear hearing protection.

Just ordered two pair of the X20's.  One pair for when my (just opened box that I purchased 12 years ago) Custom 3's wear out....  (presuming my FIRST pair can't be fixed)  and then a replacement for when the replaced, replacement needs replaced.

Got all that?!! :wacko:

X20's just arrived.  I gotta say.....the cords on these are worlds nicer than on the Customs.  Figuring out the ear piece right now.

I wonder if the ear pieces from the Customs will also fit these?  (I would think so and will find out)

Hmmm...  just noticed the little volume control thing doesn't seem to work.  The volume is FINE on them, it's just not affected by the little buttons.  In truth, the Custom 3's didn't have that so I won't really miss it....  I'd almost prefer it not exist.  

On 5/29/2020 at 10:47 PM, Schu said:

I would have sold you my 20s with a set of replacement foams... I don't use them much any longer.

I appreciate the offer.

I do want to say....  I just got done cutting the front yard.  Had the Custom 3's in my ears with some hearing protection OVER my ears.

Got yard cut....  decided since I had been listening to the C3's, to swap them and put the X20's in....

For my ears, a significant difference (improvement).  Actually a bit of a wow moment.....  I don't know what all the guitar pedals do....I presume one of them will increase or decrease the loudness of what's being played.  For the first time in my life, I could hear the bass line play.....  they grow....then recede.  

These also seem to have more bass present.  The C3's are dual armature.... but they've improved something.  Then again, the C3's were bought around 2008 and just now came out of the box (current pair) so maybe something got flaky over that time frame.  I don't know.

Very nice improvement though!!!