Subwoofer At A Right Angle?

Peter P.

Anyone here have their subwoofer driver facing at a right angle to their main speakers?

How does it affect their sound and integration with your main speakers?

If I buy a subwoofer, one possible location is in a corner, albeit the driver would have to face 90 degrees to the main speakers because furniture would prohibit it from facing the same direction as my Heresy's. I know bass frequencies are non-directional...

17 minutes ago, Peter P. said:

Anyone here have their subwoofer driver facing at a right angle to their main speakers?

If I buy a subwoofer, one possible location is in a corner, albeit the driver would have to face 90 degrees to the main speakers because furniture would prohibit it from facing the same direction as my Heresy's. I know bass frequencies are non-directional...

Below 60 Hz. it won't matter. The full wavelength is too long to matter (18 feet or longer)

Interesting proposition. Suppose it is true then that any audible sound depending upon hz setting should be non-directional at least from HT literature.Having been to live venues, have always felt the bass sensation whether it be directed or not. Also have thought that a direct position towards a subwoofer, that is direct radiating, from a sealed, ported, or even passive should present itself well,  directly to me, much as say a 15 inch speaker say a K-48-E seems to when head on. Volume seems louder. Maybe a delusion.

36 minutes ago, Peter P. said:

Guessing you have yet to procure that Klipsch passive sub with an 8 inch woofer we spoke of before. Know one came up, maybe too far for you as may recall in walnut or OO...thanks.

7 hours ago, billybob said:

Guessing you have yet to procure that Klipsch passive sub with an 8 inch woofer we spoke of before. Know one came up, maybe too far for you as may recall in walnut or OO...thanks.

I PM'd the owner with no response. I'm sincerely tempted to buy a new, powered sub, but I can't open my wallet...!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Peter P. said:

I PM'd the owner with no response. I'm sincerely tempted to buy a new, powered sub, but I can't open my wallet...!

I hear you. For your Heresy, know you are considering a sub, possibly used from a similar era, but, trust your judgment on that.

Maybe something newer then. Hope you continue to get answers here.  Sorry for any OT...

Edit: See in your signature line you have a KG-SW...ooops