Georgia Home Theater Event. 4 Heritage speakers demoed.

jwc

4 hours ago, Schu said:

Wow... is that the AK6?

How was the sound in comparrison to the AK5 or AL4?

I'm not able to make that comparison.

Mark and I were surprised with the nice bass response of the Khorns when they were streaming music through them prior to the live music.  However, we didn't sit down and audition them with our favorite demo tracks.

The CWIIIs seem to be a big hit for that store and there was a lot of travel through that room.  They really did sound very good.  

GHT has a new showroom and they have an invested interest in the Heritage line.  You guys should come check it out.

jc

4 hours ago, jwc said:

I'm not able to make that comparison.

The CWIIIs seem to be a big hit for that store and there was a lot of travel through that room.  They really did sound very good.  

GHT has a new showroom and they have an invested interest in the Heritage line.  You guys should come check it out.

jc

I understand... making comparisons might be the height of folly.

Makes sense that there is so much Cornwall love... there is just something about the proportions of that cabinet that is VERY aesthetically pleasing.

I am pretty sure they were the AK-6.  They definitely had the new tweeters in them which looked very different than K-77s.  Sounded pretty good sitting in the middle of a big room which surprised me.  It sounded to me that just Lilly's vocals were played through the Khorns and the guitars only through her amp.  At least that's how it sounded to me.

The fit and finish on all the new Heritage were beautiful, especially those Khorns.  Works of art.

We spoke to the Klipsch folks for awhile........nice guys.

Georgia Home Theater is pretty big time.  They have a huge facility (two actually) with probably 10 or more listening environments in the Marietta venue.  All treated.  A fleet of about a dozen GHT vans out back providing mobile service.  They said a lot of their business is home networks, security, automation, lighting, as well as theaters and audio.

Fun night.  Lilly Winwood has a great voice and at 23 years old is actually a pretty funny story teller.  Heavy British accent.  Coffee House type of performer that can hold an audience's attention.  Probably 40 or so in attendance.

• Like 3

Another thing I enjoyed seeing and hearing was the McIntosh equipment.  The Corns and Fortes were playing through different McIntosh "MA" series integrated amps.  The MA-252 in the Forte room could have wound up in the back of my car.  I loved that thing!!  Tube front end an SS amp.  Gorgeous, and fine sounding.  Dead quiet.

It appeared the Fortes and Corns were either bi-wired or bi-amped.  There were two sets of speaker wires connected to each.

The Khorns were powered by dual MC-452 stereo amps.........probably bridged..........and registering less than 4 watts when I was watching them.

This is just my opinion, and very non-scientific, but the cornwalls were dominant.  The Fortes sounded nice but like much smaller speakers.  The cornwall bass filled the whole listening room and you can see how they were positioned away from boundaries.  Again I took note of watt meters and it was only 2-3 watts being used.

• Like 3

I forgot to mention the heresys.  The heresy system was in the big room (where the Khorns were) to the side up against a wall near the entrance.  They appeared to be a nice pair of walnut Heresy III on tilted risers.  There are a couple of pictures of the small amp that was powering them.  I didn't catch the name and I'm not familiar with that unit.

Unfortunately, this was a gathering and foot traffic area near the bar and this system was overwhelmed by the noise of the gathering.  I wan't able to get a good listen.

• Like 1