China tube fast

Cornman

For what it's worth to you if your considering buying china made tube, I had very good experience with this seller on the Bay - h_salience  direct from Hon Kong . The tubes  have been good and what amazed me was I ordered Christmas week and received Christmas eve ! That' is fast shipping  .

Shuguang Treasure KT88-Z

• Like 1

After only about 4 hours listening I have to say that these el34ph tubes are fantastic... extremely balanced with an audibly wider range. I am very happy. I still have a set of Shuguang WEKT-88's that will be here in a week or so, but as good as the Psvane kt-88 treasure II's were, these el's are better for my situation.

All these tubes are really wonderful...

^ Correct... push pull with ultra linear and triode circuits.

I was comparring the el's to these kt88 Tii's... which are still very nice.

30253311548_cd8c21cae7_k.jpg

The kt88's offer higher output, and great dimensional presentation with very pronounced mid range and very slightly rolled off highs... the el34's are slightly less dimensional but have a broader range from low to extended highs, with a more balanced less pronounced/forward mid section and a little more separation. The el34's are still only a handful of hours old...

The price is quite reasonable for a quad set @ <300$ delivered.

1 hour ago, Cornman said:

I was using them in the Latino st120 . I would like to try the EL34's next . I assume Shu is using them in the VRD's .

I don't think you can run EL-34's in the Latino amp. Might want to check with Bob first. I think I asked him a few years ago and he said voltages would be too high. But with the auto bias board it might be different, I don't know.

I've been running a lot of different tubes in my Inspire, and I like 6L6's a bit better than EL-34's. I also like the vintage Tung-Sol 6550's in it. I  just ordered a pair of metal 6F6's to try out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2019 at 1:06 PM, Cornman said:

For what it's worth to you if your considering buying china made tube, I had very good experience with this seller on the Bay - h_salience  direct from Hon Kong . The tubes  have been good and what amazed me was I ordered Christmas week and received Christmas eve ! That' is fast shipping  .

Shuguang Treasure KT88-Z

I have bought from them too and have been pleased. Great seller.