Exceptional Opportunity

Mallette

23 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Where are you in Michigan?  If auditioning these doesn’t work out, may I listen to yours, if I bring a beverage of your choosing?

I'm in Burton,MI between Davison and Flint. I'll have to dig them out, but we can definitely get them hooked up. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, kevinmi said:

I'm in Burton,MI between Davison and Flint. I'll have to dig them out, but we can definitely get them hooked up. 

I’d like to hear them. I know Burton; sort of suburban Mt. Morris, isn’t it? 😉

The seller of the eBay speakers is asking me what I’d offer, while telling me he’s already turned down higher offers than the current eBay bid.  If someone here genuinely wants them, please let me know.  

There are two strategies, place a sniped last second bid at your highest offer, or wait until the “auction” ends on Monday to see if there was a reserve.  If no reserve, they could sell for $500.  If there’s a reserve, an offer could be made after Monday.

I’m still hoping to lose my Frazier virginity this weekend.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I’d like to hear them. I know Burton; sort of suburban Mt. Morris, isn’t it? 😉

The seller of the eBay speakers is asking me what I’d offer, while telling me he’s already turned down higher offers than the current eBay bid.  If someone here genuinely wants them, please let me know.  

There are two strategies, place a sniped last second bid at your highest offer, or wait until the “auction” ends on Monday to see if there was a reserve.  If no reserve, they could sell for $500.  If there’s a reserve, an offer could be made after Monday.

I’m still hoping to lose my Frazier virginity this weekend.

Mt Morris is to the north of Flint, and Burton is to the east of Flint. I'm only a couple miles of of I-69..I could possibly be talked out of my 7's. I'm always looking for new stuff to try out.

12 minutes ago, kevinmi said:

Mt Morris is to the north of Flint, and Burton is to the east of Flint. I'm only a couple miles of of I-69..I could possibly be talked out of my 7's. I'm always looking for new stuff to try out.

Please shoot me a PM to exchange numbers.

Well, it looks like I won’t be traveling to Clinton Twp this weekend.  The seller just texted, “Ive decided that my bottom dollar to sell them is 1000 i love the way these . . .” (Spelling etc. exactly as in text).

They may well be worth $1,000 to the right person.  Dave @Mallette what do you see as a fair value for these?  Under the circumstances, I don’t want to waste the seller’s time.  I texted him no thank you.

Now it looks like I won’t lose my Frazier virginity until I travel north to Burton to meet with @kevinmi.   

I have Frazier Super Monte Carlos that are amazing!! I was using one as a center between Cornwall II's for awhile and worked great. I got mine in original boxes with receipt, brochure etc. for $50 in mint condition. They are currently sitting unused, but, I will never let them go😉 

Photo on 1-30-19 at 2.19 PM.jpg

Photo on 1-30-19 at 2.20 PM.jpg

Photo on 1-30-19 at 2.21 PM.jpg

Photo on 1-30-19 at 2.21 PM #2.jpg

Photo on 1-30-19 at 2.22 PM.jpg

Photo on 1-30-19 at 2.26 PM.jpg

Photo on 1-30-19 at 2.30 PM.jpg

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Dave @Mallette what do you see as a fair value for these?

"Fair" value is what a pair will bring...I usually use EBay as a guide. Actual value to a person is what they want to spend for the best sound they can get. My personal opinion is that in new speakers, nothing short of new LaScalas or Cornwalls holds a candle to Sevens. As mentioned, I sold my Elevens for 3.5k and the buyer was thrilled to get them. OTOH, I paid 400.00 for them and the seller was thrilled to get it. So, "fair," IMHO, is what the seller is happy with and what the buyer is willing to pay. 

Dave 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, omar4 said:

I find it funny the the Super Monte Carlo is not listed in the brochure and I can't find any specific info on them. I'm gonna open them up again and see what's inside.

Or just refer to this...

SMC is, IMHO, the finest bookshelf speaker ever designed. I have three pairs. Bought my first pair in 1971 at PWK's suggestion since I couldn't afford Heresy. 

Dave

Frazier.pdf

2 hours ago, Mallette said:

"Fair" value is what a pair will bring...I usually use EBay as a guide. Actual value to a person is what they want to spend for the best sound they can get. My personal opinion is that in new speakers, nothing short of new LaScalas or Cornwalls holds a candle to Sevens. As mentioned, I sold my Elevens for 3.5k and the buyer was thrilled to get them. OTOH, I paid 400.00 for them and the seller was thrilled to get it. So, "fair," IMHO, is what the seller is happy with and what the buyer is willing to pay. 

Dave 

Thanks Dave.  I should have used "average or typical market" rather than fair, which is any mutually agreed to price that does not include a firearm.  That said, the seller's hoped for $1,000 is not unreasonable for the right buyer.  In the unlikely event someone reading this is still interested at $1,000, I'm still willing to audition, store, etc., but I won't bother the seller just to satisfy my curiosity.

Now I'll try to hear Kevin's @kevinmi.  

1 hour ago, omar4 said:

Oh, yes I like that brochure too. It doesn't list Super Monte Carlo tho??

Never made much of a difference. Actually, I thought the difference was that the SCM had the piezo tweeter rather than the original paper cone. Still may be the case and they just didn't change the name yet. I don't think the specs changed.

Can't go wrong with either if in good shape. The mid-woofer is till readily available if needed. 

Did a quick a dirty search, and came up with this quote from AK..."D Versions, Super Monte's with Phillips tweets. The brown-ish blue grill versions are ported to the rear and are also Super Montes."

As mentioned, both versions incredible.  

Dave

The seller has relisted them again, this time for $500 OBO.  Not certain how eBay’s “OBO” works.  Is the seller contractually bound to sell it to the best offer?  Must it be the best offer at or above $500?  Can there be a reserve with OBO?  The seller texted me he has turned down $600, and that $1,000 is his bottom line.  

I’m still willing to audition and purchase these for a forum member.  I can store them briefly until collection arrangements can be made.   As previously mentioned, I’m not contemplating buying and flipping these, just offering to help a forum member take advantage of what Dave @Mallette correctly describes as an, “Exceptional Opportunity.”  At $500, or even $600, I’m willing to take a chance to be a temporary custodian.  When the seller told me his “bottom dollar to sell them is 1000,” I figured it was a waste of his time and mine to audition them without a committed buyer at $1,000, or less.

I guess I’ll make an offer close to $500 and place a sniped bid at something close to $500 and see what happens.

https://www.ebay.com/i/352585858681

I just received a PM from a member that makes me rethink this whole thing.  The member offered to sell Frazier 7s for $350.  A tire kicker drove from Indiana to Michigan and did not  take them home at that price.  That info, coupled with the local seller listing these multiple times starting  at $500 with no takers, worries me.

On 1/30/2019 at 3:32 PM, omar4 said:

I was using one as a center between Cornwall II's for awhile and worked great.

I've used a variety of mixtures of Fraziers and Klipsch...all seamless. Even used a Super Midget as a center for a while! Had to watch the volume, but worked fine at normal volumes.

Dave

Does anyone want these if they can be gotten for around $500?  Despite the seller telling me that he already turned down an offer of $600 and that $1,000 is his bottom line, there’s no harm in making a best offer and/or placing a sniped bid at or around $500, if someone wants them at that price.

The auction ends tomorrow, Monday, Feb 12 at 3:29 AM EST.

I bid on the previous auction and won for $500.  I sent the PayPal payment along with a message that I would pay  for extra packing to insure safe delivery.  Later that day I noticed that the speakers were relisted.  I messaged the seller and got no response.  I called eBay and they were no help.  I contacted PayPal to cancel the payment and received my refund yesterday.  They said the payment was not claimed.  The purchase is still listed on my eBay as payment pending.

• Like 1