Exceptional Opportunity

Mallette

I almost never post about such things, but my EBay alerted me to these and I know from experience they are truly amazing speakers. At the moment, 600.00 and change delivered. Sevens are basically a miniature Model Eleven. Only difference is efficiency and they won't go quite as low. Eleven went down to 20hz, Seven to 40hz, and Eleven efficiency per watt was 107 for 1 watt at 1 meter while the Seven is 96. 

Seller claims exceptional condition so I think this to be about as good a deal as will be found on speakers, period. They will blend seamlessly with Heritage and most other Klipsch.

Dave

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mallette said:

and I know from experience they are truly amazing speakers.

I know you've got some Fraziers Dave, but do you have the 7's?  As you know I was able to listen to several Frazier models a few years ago while helping a disabled veteran sell off his large collection but he didn't have 7's.  Those Frazier 7's on Ebay especially for their age look awfully clean, don't you think?

There is something about that location, Clinton, MI.  I wonder if that is close to @teaman?  I'm thinking that is his neck of the woods.

7 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I know you've got some Fraziers Dave, but do you have the 7's?  As you know I was able to listen to several Frazier models a few years ago while helping a disabled veteran sell off his large collection but he didn't have 7's.  Those Frazier 7's on Ebay especially for their age look awfully clean, don't you think?

There is something about that location, Clinton, MI.  I wonder if that is close to @teaman?  I'm thinking that is his neck of the woods.

Clinton is in the far southeast part of the state, close to the Ohio border. @DizRotus is probably close also.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Those Frazier 7's on Ebay especially for their age look awfully clean, don't you think?

Very fine lookings. Yes, I've heard them. My best friend Ron (LoneLobo) has a pair as his mains. They are magnificent! Heritage class sound for cheap. Bear in mind PWK told me himself that Jack Frazier was the only other designer he fully respected. They carried on a good-natured competition for years. 

Dave

BTW, I had one of the 136 pairs of Elevens as well. The Sevens have a comparable sound. In my K'horn vs. Eleven tests with hornheads in Houston the K'horn barely edged out the Eleven and the Eleven won on piano...probably due to the extended bass response. Sold the Elevens for about 10 times what I paid for them, and the buyer still considered them a bargain.

Dave

• Like 1

3.5 hours left, still 500.00. As I've said you'd have to spend many thousands to approach this quality and efficiency in anything new. Might be a good time to make an offer. Granted, the seller will likely relist...but if I had the cash I'd grab these even though I have speakers stored and a houseful working as well.

Dave

The Fraziers on Ebay are Nines.  

Sevens had 12", 2x4", 2 peizos, a slot helmholtz on one side and typically came in beautiful walnut.  My V's were great little speakers when bought new for $430, though not the last thing in detail.  Friend got me into Fraziers and they sold them in the college town where I grew up.  He had Dixielanders and Concertos driven by Dynaco amps.  Nice for the day.

I've seen most of the Nines in discos.  Many were used in ceilings.

Clinton Twp is approximately twenty miles from me.  I’d be happy to collect them and store them briefly while someone made arrangements to collect them.  If you’re interested, shoot me a PM.

I’m going to contact the seller to try to audition them this weekend.  It’s about time I lose my Frazier virginity.

Any suggestions regarding how to contact the seller through eBay to arrange an audition?  As you must know, eBay blocks any messages to sellers that even hint at phone numbers or email addresses.  I was able to send a message that invited the seller to contact me through Klipsch forum.  That message was not blocked by eBay.

If it we’re up to eBay, there would be no way to see an item prior to successfully bidding.

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Any suggestions regarding how to contact the seller through eBay to arrange an audition?  

Write a paragragsh long BS paragraph and spell out your phone number like so.... Eight oh 5 three one 7 nine nine 8 two.   Hope the seller calls you. Do not use the words call, text or contact or they will flag you 

On 1/28/2019 at 7:55 AM, Tarheel said:

Are we looking at the same auction?  The one that ended at 9:45pm EST?

It’s been relisted.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LIMITED-on-MARKET-Vintage-Speakers-Frazier-Model-Sevens/352580060537?item=352580060537&pageci=8347fb36-16f6-48bf-9acb-d51e4e902322&redirect=mobile

The photo is from the eBay listing.

5DDAD2C1-0681-40E6-BED5-ED9FE360BB1A.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Write a paragragsh long BS paragraph and spell out your phone number like so.... Eight oh 5 three one 7 nine nine 8 two.   Hope the seller calls you. Do not use the words call, text or contact or they will flag you 

I tried that, spelling the entire number, but it was blocked.  The words “text/call” must have been the problem.

10 hours ago, Mallette said:

Good luck, Neil. You will love the Sevens if you can get them. That is an incredible price/performance point. 

Dave

Dave-

Are these a bass reflex box along the lines of a Cornwall?  Do the squawkers have a separate enclosure?  Are those Piezoelectric tweeters?  It’s surprising that PWK was  so fond of Fraziers.  I’m eager to hear them.

Still no contact from the seller to arrange an audition.