Mounting bookshelf speakers

HenrikTJ

Hi!

I have recently bought the RP-160M for my back-speaker placement, and I'm in the market for a way to mount them. I have landed on the conclusion that I need one of those things depicted down there (Dont even know what to call them). If anyone know what those type of things are called, please comment below.

I've been trying to find one that has a big enough top-plate as the feet-plate of the RP-160M (8.81"x12.86" or 22.4cm x 32.7cm). Sadly there hasn't been any luck. Have you any experience on this particular product and do you have a suggestion for which ones I could buy? 

Skjermbilde 2019-01-28 kl. 12.22.27.png

A speaker stand.

You can always remove the bottom plinth from the speaker.  That will give you more options to choose from of you want the top plate of the stand to be the same or close to the dimensions of the speaker.

I'd go with a stand that is all metal for the stability factor.  I have my Heresy IIs on metal stands that are about 30" tall.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

A speaker stand.

You can always remove the bottom plinth from the speaker.  That will give you more options to choose from of you want the top plate of the stand to be the same or close to the dimensions of the speaker.

I'd go with a stand that is all metal for the stability factor.  I have my Heresy IIs on metal stands that are about 30" tall.

Thank you very much for the info! Im thinking I should get a stand that would make my 160Ms approximately as tall as my 280Fs.. Would that be reasonable in your opinion or doesn't it really matter?

9 hours ago, HenrikTJ said:

I have recently bought the RP-160M for my back-speaker placement, and I'm in the market for a way to mount them.

Hi Henrk.  Here are a couple of ideas even though I know you might not be able to get these in Norway.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12281

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-ssmb24-24-speaker-stand-pair-square-steel-base--240-750

I have the newer version of your RP-160's, the RP-600M.  Mine are mounted on VTI speaker stands and are more expensive than those I linked to in part because they support wiring management inside the tubes and you can put sand inside to dampen any vibrations. 

Mine are 18" tall but that is a little low, I would suggest 24" like you see in the links I posted.  The 24" will put the speakers at ear height while you are seated.  For perspective my audio cabinet is 30" tall.

VTI speaker stand closeup_400.jpg

RP-600M living room sea scene_400.jpg

53 minutes ago, HenrikTJ said:

Thank you very much for the info! Im thinking I should get a stand that would make my 160Ms approximately as tall as my 280Fs.. Would that be reasonable in your opinion or doesn't it really matter?

They should be close to ear height when you're seated.  I'd go with stands that are around 24-30" tall.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Hi Henrk.  Here are a couple of ideas even though I know you might not be able to get these in Norway.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12281

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-ssmb24-24-speaker-stand-pair-square-steel-base--240-750

I have the newer version of your RP-160's, the RP-600M.  Mine are mounted on VTI speaker stands and are more expensive than those I linked to in part because they support wiring management inside the tubes and you can put sand inside to dampen any vibrations. 

Mine are 18" tall but that is a little low, I would suggest 24" like you see in the links I posted.  The 24" will put the speakers at ear height while you are seated.  For perspective my audio cabinet is 30" tall.

VTI speaker stand closeup_400.jpg

RP-600M living room sea scene_400.jpg

Hi! thanks for the tips. Did a little searching around and found the dayton stands here in Norway. Worst case scenario, there's always amazon and ebay haha

• Like 1