KLF 20,s vs 280fa

mikeal

If there are reasons, new space, different needs (ht vs music) etc......maybe. Everyone has their own opinion. Here's mine, that would be a non starter too me. I've owned most all of the real reference speakers. The 20's are so much better than all but the rf7's it's not even a comparison. That's just my take, which is the one that matters......to me.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mikeal said:

Not stock. The original. 

why don't you re cap your KLF20 and install a set of titanium tweeter diaphragms. Dual tens will push far more are than a pair of eight inch units can. I think impact of the fresh caps and new diaphragm will shock you. This will cost a whole lot less and I believe provide you with a much nicer loudspeaker.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SWL said:

I had 20's and 7's side by side in my room. Hands down the 20's for music.....would probably go with the 7's for HT, though.

In the end I went with 30's.emoji39.png

That's funny, I had my 7's and 20's side by side too. I had them in an excellent audio room some years back.  The easiest way I can compare those two. If you have 5k+ for prepro and big amp, I prefer 7's. On just about anything less the 20's are better, to me. No cheap avr hooked to 7's, ruins the whole thing. Put a $500 Onkyo on 20's and it's like a concert.

Edit..    In the end I went with 30's, also.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys did a update. Added another 12in sub($230),replaced my clf7 of17 years with a 540c($326),and purchase the 500sa ($399)to sit on top of the 20's.  Recalibrate my room with ARC. Rewatch a few ATMOS movies. Nice improvement. Fill my 18x10 room no matter where I sit.