Soundbar for Samsung.....

SWL

Last year we bought an Ultra HD Samsung tv and really like the picture and performance so far. The exception is the sound quality is terrible. My wife even commented on it and she's clueless when it comes to critiquing sound.

Almost exactly a year later we just bought another one for our bedroom. Same tv, just a newer model and a little smaller. The picture quality is amazing. A step up from last years model. The sound quality with this tv is notably WORSE than our other one. I mean it is terrible. Again, my wife even disapproves of it and when it comes to sound quality she's pretty much the opposite of me......she could care less. The speakers in this thing are a joke.

I gotta believe that this is intentional so that you'll buy a soundbar or some kind of HT in a box. Whatever. I can rig up one of my speakers with an amp but I'm leaning towards just getting a soundbar as far as aesthetics and simplicity go.

Any experience with these? Which ones are good? Which ones to stay away from? It would simply be for watching tv. No music or anything critical. We just want something that resembles a normal tv speaker.... and that would be ten times better than the way it sounds now.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's not really intentional other than there's really no way to squeeze speakers inside these modern TVs that aren't much thicker than a CD case.  They gotta cut corners somewhere and I'd rather have a better/bigger picture than pay extra to shoehorn speakers that I'm never going to use and will only add weight and bulk to the TV.

• Like 1