So JBL is joining the retro bandwagon.

Mighty Favog

$4000 a pair... That's close to what the originals would be with inflation factored in.

Updated parts... very cool, but I would get the Heresy IIIs instead. The JBLs have been out a while, now.

Bruce

1 hour ago, avguytx said:

What goes around, comes around, it seems.  Not that I'd pay $4,000 for a pair of them or Cornwall III's but, with inflation factored in, they are in line with original pricing pretty much.  

I think that's what I said... 😉

Exactly... probably did as much to keep them afloat as the Heresy did for Klipsch.

Tons of smaller studios used the pro version (4310), it was a no brainer for JBL. MY 4311s still sound good. I like my HIIs better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

It wasn't from RS... they also had a bright blue and maybe a green. That was a loooong time ago.

I somewhat meant it as a joke. When I was about 12 years old, early 70's, I built some speakers. I found some foam grills that looked just like those at Radio Shack, they were brown, and worked pretty good.

3 minutes ago, boom3 said:

I hope the new L100s have real crossovers and not just two electrolytic caps. The original L100 was the epitome of the boom-shriek school. I hope these have been reengineered.

Looks like...

"That fundamental compact 12-inch 3-way design is maintained in the L100 Classic with improvements made to the transducers, enclosure tuning, and crossover network design. Designed by Chris Hagen, the same acoustic system engineer that created the L100T3 in 1988, the L100 Classic benefits from decades of JBL engineering prowess along with the world’s most advanced acoustic engineering resources available in HARMAN’s Northridge, California design center."