BS from PS Audio Paul McGowan

mikebse2a3

Sorry some of the screen shots scale are distorted.

I wasn’t able to post a response because I haven’t been able to get registered yet.

firedog tried to inform him of his errors but I guess “Paul’s Planet” doesn’t accept facts from reality...!!!!!

@Chief bonehead

Hey man I always thought you were an engineer at Klipsch...😄

miketn

• Like 1

he's a charlatan, imho.  

While he's busy wondering what PW might think of present day Klipsch corp., he should also think what Paul would have thought about his magical AC Power Cables.  ..Point to his BS button, I'm guessing.  His peddling of these nonsense products is shameful and discrediting.  It's hard to imagine how he explains these cables to an electrical engineer or indeed anyone with any kind of a science background.

He mentions engineering staff.  ..Well I wonder what sort of engineering rigor went into these silly products.

Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 5.46.05 PM.png

• Like 2

What he had, to say in the above example is BS, agreed.   No engineering staff?   Guess the Chinese are that good at guessing what speakers should look and sound like and spitting them out to the masses.   The Heritage is clearly all show.   That explains why klipsch has had and still has a cult like following.   As far as PS Audio products?   I bought a HIGHLY REGARDED set of monoblocks from the company, a current model, (m300 if I remember right?) and a Stellar DAC/PREAMP and I have to tell you, In my room with the legacy audio focus speakers I had, it was THE WORST combo I had ever used by far on the speakers.   Everything sounded like an overly compressed MP3.   I was shocked. I thought surely something must have been wrong with them, but no.   I let them "break in" playing 24/7 for close to a month.  No significant change.  I won't buy anything from the company again.   Oh, BTW, this was a $3k + combo, but Klipsch makes garbage I tell ya.  

• Like 2

• Klipsch Employees
1 hour ago, mikebse2a3 said:

I wasn’t able to post a response because I haven’t been able to get registered yet.

firedog tried to inform him of his errors but I guess “Paul’s Planet” doesn’t accept facts from reality...!!!!!

@Chief bonehead

Hey man I always thought you were an engineer at Klipsch...😄

miketn

Actually. I am into bass fishing that just happens to be in sales and marketing that just happens to be an engineer. 🤓

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators

I really hate to see this, that is a terrible way for you to find out your not an engineer for a speaker company anymore.  Someone at Klipsch should have told you, but it's OK as long as the checks clear more time for fishing. 

• Like 3

The only thing I agree with is that, like Haägen-Dasz, Klipsch should use more sex in its advertising...

😉

On a more serious note, the posters above only talk about the Heritage line, and carefully ignore the millions of other speakers labeled Klipsch, sold around the world.

So I challenge 'those in the know' and part of Klipsch's working force: can you clarify who and where the Klipsch home theater products, just to pick one line, are designed, engineered and manufactured?

8 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

Edit the post with the pictures.  Then on the picture which is too big, double click on it.  You can resize from there by changing the size one box which will proportionally change the other.  I suggest using 400 for a good Forum size.

+++

I like Paul McGowen's folksy style on his PS Audio Youtube channel, and yes he is full of stories and non-sequiturs in his videos.  Paul is a good 'ol fashioned unapologetic two-channel guy.  It's what he sells in amps and he is about to come out with a line of "best in the world" speakers, according to him.  We'll see.

Regarding his opinion of Klipsch and horn speakers in general he's just out of touch with those subjects IMO.  His information and experiences with them are simply outdated.

Commodity? He seems to be railing about the way many brands are now owned. Fair enough, however in the wider marketplace, stand alone brands are generally undercapitalized and can be ill equipped to keep up with a fast changing market. The history of audio is littered with the corpses of once popular brands that failed. Do things change? Of course they do. 

The audiophile leaning portion of the market is actually quite small in comparison to the bulk of the population who desire ( or think they do), relatively inexpensive lifestyle products. Those products tend to have narrower margins but the ramp up to manufacture them are expensive. If the audio industry ran the way he would like it to in 2019 we would have nothing but the ultra expensive boutique brands reviewed by Stereophile. These brands generally are able to support the founder’s family and a small number of employees. Economies of scale are a reality. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LeftEyeShooter said:

On a more serious note, the posters above only talk about the Heritage line, and carefully ignore the millions of other speakers labeled Klipsch, sold around the world.

So I challenge 'those in the know' and part of Klipsch's working force: can you clarify who and where the Klipsch home theater products, just to pick one line, are designed, engineered and manufactured?

What difference does it make..? The point is Klipsch is still dedicated to PWK’s Heritage Line and the principals behind them and implements and builds upon the founding principles as much as possible for the target market. 

McGowan is obviously clueless about Klipsch’s Engineers as well as their research and development facilities and departments but it was much easier for him to spout off what he thinks he knows than do a little research before posting his BS 💩

miketn

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ODS123 said:

I have a strong hunch there's a fair amount of overseas-sourced electronic components and perhaps even assemblies in some (if not many) of his PS Audio products.  If correct, he's in no position to criticize.  

Exactly... and on top of that even his on company sees the need to expand and diversify its product lines to appeal to different target buyers I’m sure in part so they can survive and be able to financially support their more costly models to stay competitive.

miketn

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

Exactly... and on top of that even his on company sees the need to expand and diversify its product lines to appeal to different target buyers I’m sure in part so they can survive and be able to financially support their more costly models to stay competitive.

miketn

My inner skeptic thinks he protests too much, perhaps he is disappointed a buy out offer has yet to come his way.

• Like 1

To me his YouTube videos are elementary, boring and opinionated. I’ve only been able make myself try to watch a few from recommendations of others and didn’t watch the entire videos realizing I wasn’t going to learn anything. He sells audio praising it and condemning other audio which is a bad tactic.

Voxx's stock price today is less than half of what it was in 2014 during one of the most robust stock market expansions on record. Who's to say what or where they will cut or how painful it will be? Voxx will be committed to Klipsch and Hope and USA manufacturing and engineering until they are no longer committed. You fear a bean counter somewhere who has never seen sawdust and glue will ask "can't we make this somewhere else pay somebody $2 an hour and save X amount of $$ ..?" Those are the modern corporate and economic realities you have to contend with. Look at what GM just did with some of its legacy plants. I will be buying CWIII's this summer or fall, so I'm all in. But I do follow VOXX stock and news each day and read their SEC filings and conference call transcripts. Pretty interesting insight there about margins and premium audio segment sales.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4232652-voxx-international-corp-voxx-ceo-pat-lavelle-q3-2019-results-earnings-call-transcript?page=1