BS from PS Audio Paul McGowan

mikebse2a3

To paraphrase him...

Klipsch does not have an engineering staff...

Klipsch is 100% sales and marketing...

Klipsch products are all made in factories in China...

He has lost all credibility with me.  I mean, what type of "industry expert" spews total misinformation like that?  Burns me up a little.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, totalcomfort said:

No longer have a engineering staff?? Somebody been lying to @Chief bonehead for a long time!!! 

This guy is stupid, maybe he should do research instead of talking out of his bottom side!!!

Yep and what about all the fine engineers at HQ in Indianapolis! Too bad they are not amplifier critics, so they could fire back at this clown.

• Like 2

After rereading his rant a couple times I'm still gobsmacked. JBL has the 4000 Synthesis series that are stellar and were I in the market they would be very seriously considered. The legendary L100s are back as well. Can't get much more retro than that.

Klipsch of course has the Heritage products, but the Reference and Reference Premier lines are most definitely Klipsch looking and sounding speakers.

• Like 2

I remember when PS Audio stood for Paul and Stan. Stan Warren left to start Superphon in Eugene OR.

Stan made much better products than Paul. But like many smart designers, Stan was a terrible business manager. Paul obviously is a pretty savvy business manager. 

Not sure Stan is still around. He moved to his home on the “mountain”. Been hard to find for a decade or more. 

Owned several Superphon products in the 80’s and 90’s. Never bought into PS Audio after Stan left.

All Paul McGowan had to do was a little on-line research before opening his mouth and inserting his foot...!!! 😄

https://www.klipsch.com/usa-engineered

Hey @Chief bonehead tell those “bonehead“ marketing guys in Indy that there is a little engineering happening when your (not 😉) bass fishing in Hope, Arkansas as well. 

miketn

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

All Paul McGowan had to do was a little on-line research before opening his mouth and inserting his foot...!!! 😄

https://www.klipsch.com/usa-engineered

Hey @Chief bonehead tell those “bonehead“ marketing guys in Indy that there is a little engineering happening when your (not 😉) bass fishing in Hope, Arkansas as well. 

miketn

Someone should post that link on whatever site he posted that misinformation.

In addition to JBL's consumer products, I assume he would also consider Revel's consumer products to be "junk" too?  They are under the Harman name, you know.

6 minutes ago, adam2434 said:

Someone should post that link on whatever site he posted that misinformation.

In addition to JBL's consumer products, I assume he would also consider Revel's consumer products to be "junk" too?  They are under the Harman name, you know.

Its called Paul’s Post and I received it as daily e-mail he sends out to subscribers.

You can see it and others here as well.

https://www.psaudio.com/pauls-posts/commodity-brands/#comments

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, mikebse2a3 said:

That's true, sounds like :pwk_bs: from marketing, where is the Chief bonehead, not in Indy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Awesome picture and good info

PWK brought my wife and I into that anechoic chamber in Hope. He talked to us while backing up into the corner, showing how his voice got deeper as he did so. Great demo from the man himself! He gave most of the credit for it's existence to Jim Hunter, who I met then also, half my life ago!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

McGowan is obviously clueless about Klipsch’s Engineers as well as their research and development facilities and departments

but it was much easier for him to spout off what he thinks he knows than do a little research before posting his BS 💩

I like and watch regularly Paul's "ask Paul" segments and as an audio engineer himself he obviously has a lot of education, experience and knowledge.  As to your point, I think you are 100% right.