BS from PS Audio Paul McGowan

mikebse2a3

To quote Frank Gifford about his wife, Kathie Lee Gifford, who came under media attack about her clothing line that was, allegedly, made in countries with child labor right after the OJ Simpson Trial: "America will let someone get away with murder, but they won't let anyone get away with SUCCESS.

Klipsch is one of the largest, if not THE largest speaker company in the world. It got that way AFTER he sold it to FRED, who took it from about $25 Million a year gross annual sales to $175 Million Gross Annual Sales, or about 7 X bigger and create a huge, beautiful headquarters in Indianapolis. PWK's principles were never violated in the process. I lived in Indy for a few years, have been to both Indy and Hope and can attest to the fact that this clown character is totally WRONG. This is the polite version of my comments.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

To quote Frank Gifford about his wife, Kathie Lee Gifford, who came under media attack about her clothing line that was, allegedly, made in countries with child labor right after the OJ Simpson Trial: "America will let someone get away with murder, but they won't let anyone get away with SUCCESS.

Klipsch is one of the largest, if not THE largest speaker company in the world. It got that way AFTER he sold it to FRED, who took it from about $25 Million a year gross annual sales to $175 Million Gross Annual Sales, or about 7 X bigger and create a huge, beautiful headquarters in Indianapolis. PWK's principles were never violated in the process. I lived in Indy for a few years, have been to both Indy and Hope and can attest to the fact that this clown character is totally WRONG. This is the polite version of my comments.

Thank you for sharing. You were obviously reasonably close to PWK and I appreciate you posting this. 

37 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Thank you for sharing. You were obviously reasonably close to PWK and I appreciate you posting this. 

I spent a total of 10 hours with him in his museum, his house, his lab, the plant, his Mercedes, and we had lunch and dinner at 2 different establishments, including his local Rotary Club for lunch. A fine gentleman who treated me like his long lost grandson (he was the same age as my grandma).  For dinner, he drove my wife and I out of town to the Pioneer Kitchen, where the lady opened up her place just for us and our wives (4 of us in the entire place) and had some home made vittles! Yeah, it was very special for a lifetime memory. I learned a lot that day, including the fact that he found it hard to believe that his company had grown so large, which was only 20 Million/year at the time. Oh, and one more thing............at the pioneer kitchen, I made a really good portrait of him with a porch corner in the background. One of the best in my career as a photographer, if I do say so myself.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Deang said:

I left a comment. 

I don’t think he’s a dunderhead, just failed to do a little research before laying out those comments. Hard for me to judge, since I’ve done it plenty.

There's an old saying: "A closed mouth gathers no feet."  This guy clearly even left the shoe and sock on.

As a writer who has published over 150 technical articles in Electronics and Photography, I did my homework before I fired up the keyboard. Also, I check my facts and edit for clarity before I hit the SEND button to my publisher. He should have done the same.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 2/2/2019 at 4:01 PM, ClaudeJ1 said:

I spent a total of 10 hours with him in his museum, his house, his lab, the plant, his Mercedes, and we had lunch and dinner at 2 different establishments, including his local Rotary Club for lunch. A fine gentleman who treated me like his long lost grandson (he was the same age as my grandma).  For dinner, he drove my wife and I out of town to the Pioneer Kitchen, where the lady opened up her place just for us and our wives (4 of us in the entire place) and had some home made vittles! Yeah, it was very special for a lifetime memory. I learned a lot that day, including the fact that he found it hard to believe that his company had grown so large, which was only 20 Million/year at the time. Oh, and one more thing............at the pioneer kitchen, I made a really good portrait of him with a porch corner in the background. One of the best in my career as a photographer, if I do say so myself.

I met PWK at Cobo Hall, at a Detroit Audio Show! Him and his employees had these buttons on that said "Bullshit" on them. I think it was either 1969 or 1970, and a bunch of us Kids were bored, so we decided to take the Woodward Ave Bus downtown. We did not plan on going to the Detroit Audio Show, we just kind of wound up there at Cobo Hall. I remember PWK as a nice man that was very pleased when I told him that My Grandpa owned Klipschorns. Bob Carver was also at that show with his Phase Linear Andromeda Speakers, and Phase Linear  700 Amplifier.

I greatly dislike this Paul McGowan guy, and find I generally disagree with him on a lot of things. 

• Like 4

On 2/2/2019 at 1:01 PM, ClaudeJ1 said:

Post image or it didn’t happen 

So the guy has an inaccurate view on Klipsch products... so what? maybe it shows Klipsch as a brand doesn't do enough efforts to be seen and acknowledged by the audiophile world nowadays? There is an awful lot of people in the audio world who probably have the exact same opinion of the Klipsch brand. Who is to blame, then? When you google "Klipsch", what are the marchand pages that show the most? I'd bet it's the ones selling the cheap entry level China-made products. In fact in Europe if you search for Klipsch in the local ads, 99% of the times you only find those products, even second hand.

I have absolutely nothing wrong to say about Paul McGowan, as a matter of fact I frequently watch his videos. I find the McGowan bashing vastly underserved. As for the late Paul W. Klipsch, as much as I respect the man, he did have a somewhat outdated views on certain matters (time alignement, for example). Things evolve, speaker design and audio electronics design as well. We now care about things that would have been considered useless and "bullshit" three decades ago.

I do love Klipsch Heritage speakers, but I'm above all an audiophile. I do not have "loyalty" to any brand in particular. And I think it's quite amusing that, besides all the brand loyalty and devotion to the late founder, Klipsch is probably the most modded / upgraded speaker brand in the universe! Having our own "technical modifications" segment here on the Klipsch forum says a lot. And it's perfectly fine, but it shows one thing: nothing is perfect, no brand is flawless, and Klipsch certainly isn't.

Did someone say Cobo Hall?  Been there as a kid. It wasn't audio related, it was much more important.  Big Time Wrestling.  😀 Saw Haystacks Calhoun, Bobo Brazil and The Sheik.  Many more besides, but those were the only names that popped up in my mind this a.m.  

PS audio equipment over at ASR doesn't test very well.  

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/ps-audio-powerplant-12-review-ac-regenerator.31298/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shiva said:

Did someone say Cobo Hall?  Been there as a kid. It wasn't audio related, it was much more important.  Big Time Wrestling.  😀 Saw Haystacks Calhoun, Bobo Brazil and The Sheik.  Many more besides, but those were the only names that popped up in my mind this a.m.  

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/ps-audio-powerplant-12-review-ac-regenerator.31298/

LOL, BoBo Brazil, born and raised in Benton Harlem, Michigan! Of course, I meant Benton Harbor. I have many fond memories of Cobo Hall, especially all the concerts.

Here is another video from this butthole saying it is "Generally Accepted" that Horn Speakers just don't sound as good as other speakers, and that is why we do not see more of them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fido said:

Post image or it didn’t happen 

I'd have to go to my storage unit and get the old TriX Negatives to scan. Just look at my Avatar of me with PWK, half my life ago, which has been posted 9,000 times.

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Oh yeah and Randy Savage and BoBo VS the Sheik, Pampero Firpo, Dick the Bruiser and many others. Injury list posted on Monday on the more serious grudge matches. State Fairgrounds too and those were the days. And yes Alice Cooper and the Stones

• Like 2