BS from PS Audio Paul McGowan

mikebse2a3

2 hours ago, ka7niq said:

Here is another video from this butthole saying it is "Generally Accepted" that Horn Speakers just don't sound as good as other speakers, and that is why we do not see more of them.

You know he has a $28K set of loudspeakers to sell now, right?

Of course the other reason we don't see more of them is the movie screen hides them 🙂

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whenever I hear the 'all horns sound harsh' and see someone put their hands around their ears like horns, I think of a slimy coked out Circuit City salesman from the 1980's trying to see you some 901s. 

Remember, don't feed the troll.  This thread is alive after several years, too much credit is given to some guy with a youtube channel.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ka7niq said:

LOL, BoBo Brazil, born and raised in Benton Harlem, Michigan! Of course, I meant Benton Harbor. I have many fond memories of Cobo Hall, especially all the concerts.

Here is another video from this butthole saying it is "Generally Accepted" that Horn Speakers just don't sound as good as other speakers, and that is why we do not see more of them.

I watched the video on youtube because of the comments. It is uplifting to read only the second comment written by Marianne Oelund. That's how cool this woman wrote.
Horns do not amplify but transform. Paul McGowan amplifies BS, untruths and old prejudices about horns.
I find his attitude very annoying. He mimics the serene friendly Hifi grandpa who knows everything and has seen everything and can judge everything. At the same time it is a really bad arrogant posturing with this mild smile.

But there is one thing I find reassuring. Many comments on this video speak for the horn systems.

It is also reassuring how many people comment negatively on this AC generator BS when you watch the video on youtube. It is the video that Amir from ASR is referring to, where the link is above in a post here.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dave A said:

Oh yeah and Randy Savage and BoBo VS the Sheik, Pampero Firpo, Dick the Bruiser and many others. Injury list posted on Monday on the more serious grudge matches. State Fairgrounds too and those were the days. And yes Alice Cooper and the Stones

Randy "The Macho Man" Savage was from right here in Bradenton Florida. He is dead now, but back in my going to the Gym Days, several of us would try to mimic The Macho Man, LOL

I left the Detroit area in 1971, but remember some great times in the Metro Detroit Area! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KT88 said:

He mimics the serene friendly Hifi grandpa who knows everything and has seen everything and can judge everything. At the same time it is a really bad arrogant posturing with this mild smile.

Reminds me of a quote by Grandpa Simpson,  "Age gives you the wisdom to find fault in everything, and the lack of inhibition to tell everyone"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Schu said:

Did you ever get a chance to see Sixto Rodriguez perform?

searching for Sugarman was such a great film.

I have owned the Blue Ray since it's release. What a story. I do suspect the guy from LA who got miffed when asked about "the money" basically kept all the money that was sent from South Africa by the distributors there, aye?

32 minutes ago, Schu said:

Did you ever get a chance to see Sixto Rodriguez perform?

searching for Sugarman was such a great film.

Never, but I have seen many other Detroit area music acts, including Ted Nugent, Alice Cooper, Bob Seeger, Suzy Quattro, The Romantics, Kid Rock and Eminem, and of couse most Motown Acts. Ted Nugent said he does not do Drugs, and never has, but that is total Bullshit.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rolox said:

That's certainly not Paul McGowan's fault and certainly not a reason for bashing the man, when his opinion is shared by so many in the industry. You guys are just being childish now.

"You know he has a $28K set of loudspeakers to sell now, right?"

That's a fact, not bashing.

Childish is making a personal or non-fact based comment directed at impugning his character. My comments are neither.

14 hours ago, babadono said:

DEEEEEEEETROIT...it's a nice place to be...from.

If you want to know where LA is headed look at Detroit today. Best view of all these big cities anymore is the one in your rear view mirror.

1 hour ago, michaelwjones said:

"You know he has a $28K set of loudspeakers to sell now, right?"

Yeah he would fit right in at Audiogon with the highbrow hucksters. I like to go there for fun at times and see how the $30K power cable dudes are doing.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rolox said:

They don't image like regular audiophile speakers. That's enough to turn off most audiophiles, for whom a precise imaging that forms BEHIND the speakers plane is mandatory. 

I have to disagree. My Klipsch speakers image beautifully. Wide soundstage with depth and nice focus on placement of individual instruments and vocal. Primarily all the sound is behind the speakers. The funny thing is I used Paul McGowan’s book to set up the speakers for my system. 

• Like 2