Amp for RP-150M bookshelf speakers?

AmG

I know absolutely nothing about sound systems, can anyone help me determine an amp that would work with the RP-150M bookshelf speakers? One that is affordable, I saw some on the website for 800-1000+, I definitely don't want to spend that much!

Thank you!

What do you plan to "feed" it?

If a turntable, you'll need something with a phono input, not all "modern" equipment has that.  If you stream digital content and don't already have a device with which to capture and provide it either via digital or analog outputs to whatever you're contemplating now, then I suggest making sure whatever you get has that capability built in.  For that wi-fi is certainly more convenient than hard-wired.  DNLA capability is definitely desirable, too.

I'm a fan of NAD gear and use/recommend their C338, but it doesn't have tone controls, pre-amp outputs, or any "tape loops" which all have use to many folks.  It does have a phono input, very capable wireless (ac), DLNA, as well as Google Chromecast audio built in.  A solid 50 watts/channel.  I guess they're going for ~$650 new.  I got mine "factory refurb" for less.

• Like 1