What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Haha.....so where is Cornfield County In? I'm thinking south.

Yep, bout 30 miles North of Louisville KY. That's just what I call it. For obvious, and not so obvious reasons...... It's up to 5 degrees.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

Early this morning it was -23 but, we have warmed up to -18.  I will go out to lunch today just to get a taste of frosty, lol.

I had to think about that for a minute to figure out how you warmed up to minus 18.  Now I know why we had to learn negative numbers in math class. 

I don't know if you're kidding about the Frosty but if you're serious, I'm with you.  I love chocolate ice cream in the winter.  It doesn't melt as fast.  🍦

2 hours ago, SWL said:

.....and then next week it's supposed to rain.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I would take the rain rather than see another "Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk"  phrase.

(Nothing against the owner)

JJK

14 below right now, going down to 22 below by morning.  Had an interesting time with my relatively new Subaru Outback today.  Went to the Post Office about 10 minutes away.  When I came back out, it wouldn't start, had all kinds of flashing alert lights, said the parking brake was on, (when it wasn't), Check Engine light, oil temperature light, etc, etc, etc.  I finally got it to start, but it wouldn't shift out of first gear.  Pretty sure the central computer was/is frozen and malfunctioning....not going to drive it again until the weekend when it warms up.  Hope it's just temporary.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

14 below right now, going down to 22 below by morning.  Had an interesting time with my relatively new Subaru Outback today.  Went to the Post Office about 10 minutes away.  When I came back out, it wouldn't start, had all kinds of flashing alert lights, said the parking brake was on, (when it wasn't), Check Engine light, oil temperature light, etc, etc, etc.  I finally got it to start, but it wouldn't shift out of first gear.  Pretty sure the central computer was/is frozen and malfunctioning....not going to drive it again until the weekend when it warms up.  Hope it's just temporary.

=== I believe your Subie was trying to tell you something — 🥶 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

When I came back out, it wouldn't start, had all kinds of flashing alert lights, said the parking brake was on, (when it wasn't), Check Engine light, oil temperature light, etc, etc, etc.  I finally got it to start, but it wouldn't shift out of first gear. 

Sounds like limp mode 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dtel said:

This is all just some crazy numbers, very dangerous. You could walk out in the yard, fall and hurt yourself and freeze before you could crawl back inside. :huh:

My mom spent her final years in a nursing home in Shell Lake, WI. After a discussion with the staff, my brother begrudgingly allowed her to continue having cigarettes. Of course, she had to go outside to light up. All the smokers would congregate in a small closed in gazebo structure a have a cig and come back in. One eveing, one winter, my mom comes in and the staff notice snow all over her. 🤔

Apparently, she had fallen over in a snow drift... no one knew for how long, but she managed to get up and get inside with no ill affects. It was about -25 outside. They hadn't noticed she had slipped out! 😱

She  passed quietly a few years later.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

If we're guessing I'll go with low voltage.  It will do all sorts of weird things with the electrical system.

True, have seen strange things with just a weak battery, probably frozen. 

It was saying is going to the post office when it's -14 that important, the Subaru was saying it voted no. 

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Marvel said:

My mom spent her final years in a nursing home in Shell Lake, WI. After a discussion with the staff, my brother begrudgingly allowed her to continue having cigarettes. Of course, she had to go outside to light up. All the smokers would congregate in a small closed in gazebo structure a have a cig and come back in. One eveing, one winter, my mom comes in and the staff notice snow all over her. 🤔

Apparently, she had fallen over in a snow drift... no one knew for how long, but she managed to get up and get inside with no ill affects. It was about -25 outside. They hadn't noticed she had slipped out! 😱

She  passed quietly a few years later.

That's funny, sorry but it's funny because she must have been a tough lady who was going to do what she wanted no matter what anyone said. You have to give someone like that credit, she probably lived her whole life doing what she wanted or thought was right, good for her.