What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, richieb said:

^^^^^

==== well, that explains a lot — 🤪

I was thinking the same thing. 

I did the working on car thing over 40 years ago and we got batteries dry also and yes it would eat a hole in clothes or shoes........but I never thought of tasting it. :o

9 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

A  little acid was good for everyone some time ago I heard. Wasn't born yet, couldn't say... 

Slightly different to say the least

And yes still cold for us, 35 tonight

9 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

For the record, these are "dry cell" batteries.  Where you get them from matters.... Dry cell batteries mishandled are trash

Dry cell?  If you're talking about Optima, they are AGM.  AGM can't be charged at the same rate as a traditional flooded battery.

Rome, Georgia

We were greeted this morning to a second day of sub freezing temps. You may think it is funny, but 21 degrees is dangerously cold in Georgia.

My neighbor even resorted to taking the 4x4  blocking out from under the Chevy in his front yard to burn in the wood stove.

North Georgia schools closed on Tuesday when the forecast called for snow. No flakes fell, but the youngins sure enjoyed the snow day.😉

Snow day.jpg

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TFR1 said:

We were greeted this morning to a second day of sub freezing temps. You may think it is funny, but 21 degrees is dangerously cold in Georgia.

I can see that.  Georgia people probably don't have a lot of cold weather gear, especially for the kids and if school wasn't called off, some parents would send their kids out into the cold unprepared.

It's -2 in West Virginia on this cold Thursday.  Our kids all have winter coats (we have programs that provide coats) but anything at zero temperatures is dangerous, especially while waiting for a school bus.  All schools are closed.

• Like 1

It was 17 here in Chattanooga this am.

I used to live in Madison, WI, and we had 10 days when it did not get above 10 below zero. They didn't close schools and everyone went to work.

I LOVE the South!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Marvel said:

It was 17 here in Chattanooga this am.

I used to live in Madison, WI, and we had 10 days when it did not get above 10 below zero. They didn't close schools and everyone went to work.

I LOVE the South!

Still cool for the past decade here in the piedmont, but the exaggeration by the local weathermen/girl/its is just stupid.

It's January, we had a cold front, the clouds will come back and drop rain when it gets to about 35. Going to be 60 by the end of the week and not freezing in the am tomorrow morning I think. 

Couldn't live elsewhere myself @Marvel.

Now the upper midwest and the northeast got some cold weather, I could not deal with that stuff.

I'll take 45 days in a row over 90 degrees with twenty over 98 anytime compared to that high of 10 below zero!

Oh, and.... "We don't care how you do it where you're from!" :cool:

• Like 1

That 10 below was pretty bad. I always lost weight in the winter... I couldn't eat enough, my body would burn through it before I would put on any pounds.

I'm not really unhappy with the weather here in the Chattanooga area. It's nice to have seasons.

Still, it will be coconut trees, lanzones and mangos when I fully retire.

• Like 1

I was looking up records for Wisconsin, and Superior, WI had a low of -61 in March of 1948. That's sure enough to freeze your zipper.

You can put in your state/zip code on this interactive map.

Here are the records for Iowa... colder than just the quad cities area.

https://www.plantmaps.com/iowa-record-high-and-low-temperature-map.php

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, TFR1 said:

North Georgia schools closed on Monday when the forecast called for snow. No flakes fell, but the youngins sure enjoyed the snow day.😉

Sounds crazy but the same here Tuesday, a very slight chance of a flake which never happened and they closed schools Tuesday. 

4 hours ago, Marvel said:

I LOVE the South!

Don't blame you, especially in the winter. 

5 minutes ago, babadono said:

It was colder during the ice age:)

Barely

5 hours ago, wvu80 said:

It's -2 in West Virginia on this cold Thursday. 

It's where I saw the coldest I have ever been in, I think it was like 3-6 degrees. Beckley WV, Winterplace Ski Resort, no one was skiing they said it was too cold, I almost killed myself at that place and not from the cold.  

• Haha 1

Its 50 deg here in Colorado Springs and Sunny which adds another 10 deg of warmth.  :cool:

The coldest I have experienced was -25f on a ski trip to Canada. It was so cold the air would burn your lungs without a mask or balaclava. We have a diesel truck and I swear it took at least 20 min to get the glow plugs hot enough to turn the engine over. 

2 hours ago, twk123 said:

Its 50 deg here in Colorado Springs and Sunny which adds another 10 deg of warmth.  :cool:

The coldest I have experienced was -25f on a ski trip to Canada. It was so cold the air would burn your lungs without a mask or balaclava. We have a diesel truck and I swear it took at least 20 min to get the glow plugs hot enough to turn the engine over. 

I experienced a -50 temp on a snowmobile trip in Wisconsin around 1996. We didn't ride that day, we rode down to around -35.

1 hour ago, geoffr said:

So cold that I saw the Mayor walking down the street with his hands in his own pockets.

Good one.  That reminds me of something Johnny Carson said once on the Tonight Show.  He'd start out by saying, "Boy, it sure was hot today".  The studio audience replied, "How hot was it?".  He said, "I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking".

Loved that show.

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

Good one.  That reminds me of something Johnny Carson said once on the Tonight Show.  He'd start out by saying, "Boy, it sure was hot today".  The studio audience replied, "How hot was it?".  He said, "I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking".

Loved that show.

It comes on OTA every night.

• Like 1