What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

3 hours ago, SWL said:

Yeah, as I get older I like the cold less and less.

I'm 43 and it seems each year I can tolerate the cold less and less.  It definitely helped to go to Mexico last winter for the last two weeks in January.  Made the winter much much shorter.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, wstrickland1 said:

Man I bet so. The Gulf is a different league

Just some different fish, but some of the best fishing is in the bays and marshes unless you're going for big game fish.

I'd had enough of the months of snow and freezing weather in Quebec City and Toronto, so I moved to Victoria nearly twenty years ago, and I'm glad I did.  The first snow of this winter arrived just yesterday, a week after flowers had begun to bloom.  Hopefully, the snow will only be here for a week or so, since our usual temp at this time of year is in the high 40s Fahrenheit, or about 8 degrees Celsius.

This city, and specifically the downtown area where I live, has the mildest weather in Canada, never too cold, and never too hot, since we're surrounded on three sides by the ocean.  Very few homes have air conditioning, but for the same reason, outdoor pools are very rare, unlike in Toronto and its surrounding suburbs.

• Like 2

@Islander I have a house in Victoria too, daughter has been sending notes and pictures ... tree down right below our house due to snow and wind (Saanich hillside), and power outages, on off and on off!  Fortunately we have 3 fireplaces in the house too.

Also, watch out for pets.  There is an MSN story re. cat that went out side, but nearly froze to death.  Fortunately vets were able to get "Fluffy" back.  Don't let cat/dog wander off in extreme cold!  Or kids for that matter.

• Like 1

Small world!  The wind is still whistling past my chimney.  The power never went out here, but my extended family in North Saanich spent a cold night with no power.  Luckily, they have a pair of fireplaces.  I've got a wood stove, but before I could fire it up, I'd have to move the La Scala and the Heresy II on a plinth that are sitting right next to it.

If you're ever in the neighbourhood, you're welcome to come by and hear my JubScala IIs.

• Moderators
On 2/8/2019 at 7:27 PM, wuzzzer said:

I'm 43

Youngster

1 hour ago, mungkiman said:
On 2/8/2019 at 4:52 PM, T2K said:

I still walk out on the porch some mornings with a cup of coffee in my boxers.

Sounds dangerous...

I was thinking the same thing, you wouldn't want parts and pieces sticking to a chair, it would be much worse than the ole tongue on the flagpole trick. 

54 right now, 68 tomorrow

1 hour ago, mungkiman said:

Sounds dangerous...

I live in a neighborhood of retired folks, primarily old widows. On one occasion on the porch I heard faint singing. As I listened I could barely hear the lyrics " Precious memories, how they linger".....

Keith

Weather here is not favorable, at all.  We're 12 degrees right now with 30 - 40 mph winds.  Weather app says it 'feels like' -8.  Winds are supposed to get worse as well.  Yeah for me!  Winds are cutting some cool snow drifts in the backyard.  Snow is blowing all over.  Wife wanted me to take care of the front, white stuff is pushing up to the front door, but I warned of freezing to death out there and she just looked at me cross.  Just hoping the power stays on.  I hate it when I can't play tunes........

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== Weather? Here? // Sucks —

I have a close acquaintance soon moving to a very temperate area, close to the ocean. Hoping to rent a room there, enjoy the weather and all his nice Klipsch speakers — I believe he has Khorns

Sorry, I changed my mind.

• Moderators

OK, how did that work like that, yesterday I posted a radar of the rain we had heading North copied from the NWS, today it's up to date with the current radar, I never touched it. 

If it stays current I may use that as background and not have to go to that page anymore. :lol: