What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

On 2/19/2019 at 10:58 PM, wuzzzer said:

Winter weather warning for western Minnesota tomorrow.  Forecast of 6 - 9" of snow.

we got a good 9" here I think.  I had to run the snow blower twice that day 😮 I'm hoping that this weekend's storm misses us, I don't have anywhere else to put this stuff!

whereisthemailbox.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the snow pics...Can use them down here...Probably low 80's here for high. Having to run AC at times. If this keeps up, skeeters an other bugs will rule. Not to wish anyone cold weather or work related but, calendar shows winter but the reality sinking in fast.

• Haha 1

• Moderators

77 today and the ground is so wet a week of the sun wouldn't fix it.

2 minutes ago, Shaun K said:

well, I don't live here by choice :D 

You must be a snowman then, or a polar bear, that picture is crazy.

• Like 1

We have enough of that white crap to roll a decent snowman... it is still coming down. Prolly 4 inches on the ground.

thinking of snagging the granddaughter and going to the park..  Make snow people.

It feels warmer than yesterday. It was 45`, raining and windy. Plain nasty

You are right Emile ... -40 is the crossover!  Calgary has warmed, gotten a ton of snow, then cold cold, and warm and looking to cool off again.  Vancouver island (Victoria) had more snow last week than since the ice age.  Daughter had to dig out the drive way and left her car on hill (she's a good winter driver having learned in Northern Alberta) due to cars all over the place on the way home. It was parked on the hill for 2 days before she could get it home.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Shaun K said:

we got a good 9" here I think.  I had to run the snow blower twice that day 😮 I'm hoping that this weekend's storm misses us, I don't have anywhere else to put this stuff!

whereisthemailbox.jpg

We dodged it up here in Alex.  I think we got about 4" from Wednesday.

25 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

We dodged it up here in Alex.  I think we got about 4" from Wednesday.

You definitely got lucky then.  I think we were on the edge of the heavy stuff; they actually shut down MSP for part of the day.  You almost never see that.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Shaun K said:
4 hours ago, dtel said:

You must be a snowman then, or a polar bear, that picture is crazy.

Nope, just a socal native married to a Canadian :).  She put up with the west coast for 17 years, so it was time to give this place a shot.

A Canadian, good deal, at least you have a good excuse, probably no big deal for her.

For a Canadian no problem, for a Southerner, very serious and a little scary, I don't even have clothes for that kind of weather. :blush:

3 hours ago, dtel said:

A Canadian, good deal, at least you have a good excuse, probably no big deal for her.

For a Canadian no problem, for a Southerner, very serious and a little scary, I don't even have clothes for that kind of weather. :blush:

yah no big deal for her, but not much for me either since we've been visiting her family all these years.

I did have to buy a bigger jacket once we moved here, along with a few snow shovels and a snow blower :D

so what's this I read up above about a pepper crop?  I've got a couple ferments going now but could use some more supplies this year.  Is that oldtimer and JohnJ?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Shaun K said:

so what's this I read up above about a pepper crop?  I've got a couple ferments going now but could use some more supplies this year.  Is that oldtimer and JohnJ?

Like dtel said @oldtimer is the pro hot sauce meister, and @jimjimbo probably too, he has had some mouthwatering pics of his potted peppers to show us the last year!

Me?... nah can't eat too many of them especially habaneros, but do have to have nachos a couple times a month, or quesadillas done right in the frying pan with Cabot X Sharp cheddar, bacon, onion, chili powder and my new fave ripe j a p s. 

Like red bell peppers compared to green have that sweetness, the red jalapenos have that plus more scovilles!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Like dtel said @oldtimer is the pro hot sauce meister, and @jimjimbo probably too, he has had some mouthwatering pics of his potted peppers to show us the last year!

Me?... nah can't eat too many of them especially habaneros, but do have to have nachos a couple times a month, or quesadillas done right in the frying pan with Cabot X Sharp cheddar, bacon, onion, chili powder and my new fave ripe j a p s. 

Like red bell peppers compared to green have that sweetness, the red jalapenos have that plus more scovilles!

I'm going to have to talk to oldtimer and jimjimbo once pepper growing season starts :).  I'd like to grow my own here but I don't know if I'm able to, given our short growing season.

3 hours ago, dtel said:

80 today and windy, and rain this evening but the next two days it cools off a little, the high 60s. 

It got up to 32 here today, so there was a bit of melting.  However, we also got another 4" overnight, and there's more to come tonight as well 😐 

• Like 2