What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

Updated forecast for the weekend - 12+ inches of snow now.  People are scrambling like crazy to remove the existing snow off their roofs.  The upcoming snow is supposed to be extremely wet and heavy and will cause significant damage.

26 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Updated forecast for the weekend - 12+ inches of snow now.  People are scrambling like crazy to remove the existing snow off their roofs.  The upcoming snow is supposed to be extremely wet and heavy and will cause significant damage.

that reminds me, I need to do some roof raking ASAP :( 

I think we got about 10 inches of snow with this last storm.  I just spent the last hour cleaning snow off people's cars, shoveling them out and pushing them out of our apartment building's parking lot.

The lot was supposed to be cleared of cars by 9am for the plows to come in but I think a lot of people forgot to set their clocks ahead an hour last night because there's several still in the lot.  Oh well, at least they won't have to brush the snow off their cars when they finally wake up.  :)

1 hour ago, wuzzzer said:

I think we got about 10 inches of snow with this last storm.  I just spent the last hour cleaning snow off people's cars, shoveling them out and pushing them out of our apartment building's parking lot.

The lot was supposed to be cleared of cars by 9am for the plows to come in but I think a lot of people forgot to set their clocks ahead an hour last night because there's several still in the lot.  Oh well, at least they won't have to brush the snow off their cars when they finally wake up.  :)

Wow, sounds like you guys got hit much harder than we did down here.  I think we got maybe 5-6", and the freezing rain didn't last long either.

• Moderators

Warm all week and a chance of rain, all the plants are blooming and or sprouting leaves.

I want to plant a vegetable garden but know that will bring on a freeze, I better wait a little longer?

• Like 1

• Moderators

Well, 75 for the last couple of days with a strong South wind but no rain yet. But right now at 11:25 pm the wind is still strong out of the South, headed to the Northeast and probably full of moisture,= more snow for the Northeast.

5 hours ago, MyOwn said:

Seen my first Robin today...No chit,

Robin Birdies just appear from nothing...

I have never seen migrations of Robin birds flying home for the summer...

Anyway, flooding happening in CB_Omaha.

Robins generally migrate as a response to available food sources, and not temperature.

• Like 1

•  
    https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Jurassic_Park_Feces_5395.jpg
  •  
  •  

•  
  •  
  •  

WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING... 

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 10 inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph creating areas of blowing and drifting snow Friday night. 

* WHERE...Northern Oneida, Southern Cayuga, Onondaga, Madison, Southern Oneida, Cortland, Chenango and Otsego counties. 

* WHEN...From Friday morning through Saturday morning. 

• Sad 1